View Full Version : scared I swallowed a bit of broken porcelain from a dinner plate?

eastofeden
13-08-15, 23:01
Okay so I was eating dinner and when I was almost finished I noticed there was a small chip off the porcelain on the side of my dinner plate. I have no idea if it was there before or if it broke off while I was eating my dinner. To be perfectly honest, the chances are it was probably chipped before I started eating. It wouldn't be unusual for it to have been broken before I started eating, quite a lot of my plates have small chips on the edges (but I usually throw them out). But there's still a little horrible little nagging anxious voice in my head saying 'maybe you did eat it. maybe it's going to slice up all your internal organs on its way down and you need to go to A&E right now or else you're going to die!'.

I already have a contamination fear when it comes to food, so I tend to chew every piece of food like 100 times to make sure nothing hard or sharp is in there. The more I think about contamination, the more it tends to happen, like today. But I'm still scared I might have missed it and it's about to puncture an artery or something.

The piece was a kind of a sharp teardrop shape, smaller than the size of my pinky nail. Someone please help me convince myself that the chances I did swallow it are incredibly small :unsure: I feel like I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Fishmanpa
13-08-15, 23:13
Unless your food was unintentionally crunchy, I wouldn't worry about it :)

Positive thoughts