PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin B

Cariad1
14-08-15, 06:38
Hi All

I have been experiencing some strange sensations in the side of my face and also have a really sore tongue, feeling a little dizzy at times etc.

Dr did a full blood count and all came back fine but he said my vitamin B was on the low side at 152 but still fell into the normal range.

He said that he didn't think i needed any medication but i could look at taking vit b supplements and see if those helped....went into holland and barratt but they have so many different strengths i wasn't sure what to buy!

Can anyone offer any advice?

sial72
14-08-15, 08:04
Hi
I have polyneuropathy and always take vitamin B complex 50

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-15, 05:18
I've seen some people on here say they found themselves more anxious and others saying there were no adverse impacts. So, whatever you do, it might be wise to start small even if it means assessing them by breaking the tablets in half for a few days.

B vitamins can be stimulating as they work with energy and this is possibly why some people found it affecting their anxiety - not because it makes them anxious but because they are overly sensitive and likely to react to most things at that stage.

The people in H&B are trained to help with supplements so perhaps have a word with them as they must get asked about these all the time and probably have experience with deficiencies. B12 has links to anxiety too so if thats lacking, maybe a positive effect will be reduced anxiety?

BlueEyesShining
15-08-15, 12:41
I`m taking vitamin B supplements (B complex) for years and it has only positive effects on me, especially the was my skin and hair looks. For me it has not effects on my anxiety