PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get quick results with Ven?

Munchlet
14-08-15, 11:10
Hi I've taken my 2nd tablet of Ven today and I'm really surprised that already I feel calmer and less anxious.

I don't want to get carried away as it's very early days but this is the first morning in weeks I've not been dry heaving or bursting into tears every five seconds.

Not sure if it's the Ven or the fact I've stopped taking Fluoxetine.

Just wondered if anyone else felt like it started working quickly?

hopey
17-08-15, 17:58
No I definitely have not had such quick results. But I would be very
happy to think that it has happened to you. Wishing you well. Hopey

Munchlet
18-08-15, 08:16
Hi Hopey thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if mine is the ven starting to take effect or it's the Fluoxetine leaving my system as I'm sure that was causing a lot of my panic/anxiety in the mornings.

Having said that I am feeling a bit more normal, nowhere near right but I do feel like there's a slow improvement so hoping the Ven is starting to work.

Hope you are feeling better soon too.

SADnomore
18-08-15, 08:25
My advice to you would be to keep eating light small meals and snacks very often. This will help a great deal should side effects want to start. Remember, these are normal, normal, normal. There is nothing wrong with you. They are called start up side effects, and are temporary. They will pass in time and you will feel better again. Meanwhile, please don't plan anything for yourself, the less demands on you, the better you will continue to feel. After not too long you can resume activities as you wish, but I pampered myself with a hot water bottle, blankets and funny movies or tv shows for the first while. Short daily walks in my neighbourhood, at first just to the end of the block, were just about right. :)

Treat yourself with kid gloves, how often have you ever done that? It's time! You are completing a good bit of work, establishing yourself on a very good med. You need to give your energy over to that. :) Good luck, and do try to give them a fair trial, which means getting past the first several weeks for them to truly take full effect!

ps, I also got that early feeling that ven was going to do the trick for me. I believe it is a harbinger of success down the road, so congratulations and keep going even if it isn't like that every day, okay?

Keep us posted! Xx
Marie

Munchlet
18-08-15, 10:24
Thanks Marie I'm really glad you said that because that's exactly how I feel at the moment like I want to take each day as it comes and only do what I feel like.

My husband seems to think that because I've not been a complete mess the last few mornings the tablets are working and I should be fine to carry on as normal.

I am definitely taking it slowly, the last few weeks have been so scary in terms of my anxiety I'm just relieved that the mornings are feeling better and I am now eating again.

I do feel optomistic about Ven I've read a lot of horror stories but also read a lot of stories from people saying this drug saved their lives. My Dr said in her opinion it is far better that the majority of others and I just need to be patient and let it do it's job so that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks for the support :)

SADnomore
18-08-15, 21:38
You go girl! :D

Poppy Girl
19-08-15, 23:19
Hiya
I was surprised ar how soon after I started Ven that I started to feel better. It was only a couple of days. I did have some side effects such as sweating, dry mouth etc but no nausea but I think that may be because I'm on extended release tablets rather than standard Ven.
It was a good 6 weeks before I woke up feeling no anxiety at all but life definitely improved within a week or so.
Hope you continue to feel better and better each day x

Munchlet
20-08-15, 11:57
Thanks PoppyGirl I have to say that I'm by no means better but the last week my anxiety does seem to have reduced a great deal.

So far the only side effects are a bit of nausea and I'm still not sleeping great but not sure that's because of the tablets as I wasn't sleeping before I started them.

I'm hoping that the fact I'm only a week in and I'm already feeling my anxiety is reduced is a positive sign that the medication is going to work.

I just thought it was too good to be true that it could be the ven but if you experienced the same then it would seem that it is the early benefits of it.