PDA

View Full Version : Terrified please help :(

lele19
14-08-15, 12:32
I have a resting heart rate of between 60 - 70, but as soon as I stand and start walking this jumps right up to over 100 and takes ages to get lower again despite sitting. When I climb a flight of stairs it really jumps up to 130bpm - has anyone ever experienced this? It's as though my heart is very sensitive to any form of increased exercise/stress?

In the last few months I've had about 8 ECGs, a 24 hour holter monitor, a cardiac event monitor for 7 days, I also had an echo a few years back. All of these tests have come back fine.

I don't understand why my heart seems to be so sensitive to any form of movement? I'm terrified of adrenal fatigue, but my GP brushed this off when I mentioned it to him. I'm abroad at the minute and my symptoms are playing up. Went to A&E day before yday cos my heart wouldn't slow down. But they were not concerned and did an ECG and blood tests, all clear.

Does anyone experience the same???

hanshan
14-08-15, 16:12
Hi Lele,

Heart rate and rhythm are two obvious signs of heart activity, but are often neither slow nor regular, although without serious consequences. The ecg can tell the doctor if there is some serious underlying problem. If the doctors have said that your heart is fine on a number of occasions, then it is likely that they are right.

As for your heart speeding up with mild exercise, it may be related to your fitness, your weight, or caffeine consumption, or there may be no obvious cause.

lele19
15-08-15, 07:21
Ive read up on a condition called innapropriate sinus tachycardia which sounds exactly like it

hanshan
17-08-15, 07:18
Hi Lele,

I'm not an expert in heart conditions, but it seems that inappropriate sinus tachycardia usually has a rapid heart rate even when resting, while your heart rate is quite slow when resting.

Nevertheless, you do have what seems to be a rapid tachycardia response to moderate exercise. Although this is distressing, if the doctors have checked your heart and say that it is healthy, then a rapid heart rate is not immediately dangerous.

You don't mention your age, but if you are under 25, you must remember that the body goes through remarkable changes, which can temporarily put things out of balance. Also, lifestyle factors like weight, fitness, and use of medications and substances like caffeine, alcohol and nicotine all affect heart function.