PDA

View Full Version : weird head and face sensations

kelly12
14-08-15, 15:24
The last few days I have felt the anxiety come back again but this time I have new symptoms which I am hoping is anxiety an nothing serious. I have been feeling tense and been having a weird sensation in my head like im going to black out or something it just doesn't feel right. I also have a numbness sensation in my face that comes and goes when I have anxiety its weird, Does anyone else get this and know why it happens???

Cariad1
14-08-15, 15:58
Hi Kelly12

I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment.

I have read that the tingling/numb sensations are pretty common with anxiety.

I went to my GP as i have the tingly numb feeling on the left side of my face and also a my big toe, but mainly my cheek area, and i have been feeling a little light headed too. He ran blood tests and they all came back normal apart from b12 being slightly on the lower side of average and he said this *can* can numbness so if i wanted to take a b12 supplement i could.

Also i think nerves can get irritated to the point of causing symptoms and if we are anxious we tend to grind out teeth causing tension....this can cause certain sensations.

If you track back through my posts you will see my battle with it!

dittarco
19-08-15, 14:27
Hi guys - I also get this feeling too.

Breathing appears to have alot to do with it. Trust me.. if you're breathing too shallow or holding your breath without even knowing it, it can throw everything off.

Try downloading an APP called Omvana. Pay for the "2 minute meditation"
I have to force myself to sit down for 2 minutes and reset my breathing.

My symptoms, if you would like to relate or weigh in:

- A weird numb feeling across my eyebrows (not actually numb. I can feel touch just fine and I can move my eyebrows.

- Days where I feel "off-balance" or light-headed

- tingles / twitches / vibrations