PDA

View Full Version : So nervous, high wbc really worrying

Nervousnellie001
14-08-15, 21:41
Hi all, I had to have some FBC about a month ago the results came back abnormal and my WBC was high at 14. Dr retested again 2 weeks later and my WBC was down to 12. Dr was happy it had a gone down but was still slightly high so asked to retest again in a month or so. I got those results this week and my WBC had gone back up to 14. Dr would like me to retest again in 2 weeks and see him after these results to make a plan.

I am now so, so worried, this has kicked my health anxiety into overdrive. I know it sounds silly but I'm really struggling. Has anyone ever had a high WBC count for a few times? If anyone has had similar experiences I would be so grateful to hear them right now. This board really is a good support for me during darker times.

H xx

BlueEyesShining
15-08-15, 12:58
My WBC count is always 10, that means on the higher end. My whole life. It has gotten up to 12 a few times and they couldn`t tell why. I didn`t have any symptoms. You may have some infection, but i doubt it`s something serious. In fact WBC count of 12 or 14 isn`t that high, as far as i know. It may be helpful to check for infection though

Nervousnellie001
20-08-15, 08:53
Thanks blue eyesshining. I am now waiting for another repeat. In addition I have to have ESR and CRP Dr is happy to see me in a few weeks but I am so nervous now it's really difficult to function at the moment. Has anybody ever had these type of tests? I'm seriously freaking out. H x

AlexandriaUK
20-08-15, 09:47
Are you on any medication as this can alter wbc readings.
A minor cold or throat infection, tooth problem etc can raise it as well, even being on a period can as well,

Nervousnellie001
20-08-15, 19:07
Thanks AlexandriaUK so much for your reply. I am on asthma pumps? Both the preventer and reliever and also I am on the contraceptive injection thats it. Feel slightly run down a bit sneezy for over a week now but nothing major. Just HA ruining my life now seriously.

H xx