PDA

View Full Version : 5HTP interaction

scorpion91
15-08-15, 15:14
I do not know, if anyone of you guys know if alcohol and 5htp cause interactions. I did not mean about taking it together, let me clear that up. I mean, if you took 5HTP in the morning(7am-9am), and you went out with your buddies at night and had a few beers, is that safe yes or no.

Because, I've head some conflicting things from people saying it's safe as long as you have at least a 6 hour gap between taking 5HTP and drinking.

MyNameIsTerry
16-08-15, 04:44
There are no interactions listed between alcohol (ethanol) and 5HTP on Drugs.com via their interaction checker and no mention of alcohol in any of their adverse reaction/things to avoid or professional sections against 5HTP.

The problem with anything other than medical sources is that the person stating something may not be telling you everything. For instance, some anxiety sufferers experience spikes of anxiety from alcohol and look how symptom focussed people such as those with HA are about simple things that wouldn't worry other people. So, unless you can filter out things like this, you could not be getting all the facts.

scorpion91
28-08-15, 02:43
@Terry. I'm going to disagree with you. I took 50mg 5HTP in the day; I went to a bar at night and had a bad panic attack. But a guy I had spoke to on another site said it could've been the 5HTP or it could've been a panic attack.

I went to an outdoor patio bar and it was hot that day(I live in South Texas) and maybe the heat and maybe I had some anxiety issue from that.