PDA

View Full Version : Googled :(

Cariad1
15-08-15, 19:21
I know I shouldn't have googled but I did :(

I have this 'lump' in my cheek that I can feel, can feel something in the other cheek but not as prominent as the other.

The lump is soft and moveable and when I open my mouth wide it looks like a dome shape!

Stupid stupid me googled and came across parotid/salivary cancer and now I have scared myself witless!

I was wondering if anyone else can feel their glands in their cheeks or if it's possible to be feeling them?!

wubu
15-08-15, 21:46
Is it dark red? I have lots of bumps in my cheeks and sometimes get a perfect dome shaped dark red blood blister.

Cariad1
15-08-15, 21:52
Hi Wubu

There is no colour change at all, just the soft squishy lump I can feel when I touch my cheek. It feels pretty deep in the cheek tissue. I have had it for a while now too, atleast a year and it hasn't dispersed.

wubu
15-08-15, 21:57
It could have been from trauma like biting your cheek in your sleep, in fact I've got this skin flap thing quite far up in my cheek.

Cariad1
15-08-15, 22:06
Could well be from trauma, I'm wearing a brace at the moment, I'm trying to be logical and I won't be googling again!

Liv7117
16-08-15, 00:06
I have the same thing in my cheek. It's much more prominent on my right cheek than the left. I'm pretty sure it's normal, definitely stay off google:)

Limey
17-08-15, 18:35
I have loads in my cheeks. Caused by chewing the insides of my mouth and nightly teeth grinding due to, you guessed it, anxiety.

Cariad1
17-08-15, 22:02
Thanks everyone, I'm much calmer today. Promised myself no more googling :p

Xx