PDA

View Full Version : Been hard to stay off here!! Lol

tmckenzie-orr
16-08-15, 10:00
It's been super hard to try and stay off here my anxiety has been around a 2/10 which has been quite nice I have basically dismissed things like moles I'd start to worry think omg what if it's skin cancer then I'd stop myself and say really does any really look really bad at all the question is NO, so I stop I worried about my mouth and stopped myself ,I have drank no fizzy drink or alcohol either now for 2 weeks and I continue to do that I want to repair my body and really knock this anxiety on the head because it's a waste of time I want to enjoy life and not panic and think omg I'm dieing etc , I think the advice I can give everyone to try and help them a little is rather than panic straight away calm down and think logically if stomach cramps think bottom scale rather than top scale and try and dismiss things say right if this is not better in 1-2 weeks depending on what it is will go doctors rather than having every fear going through your head, I am not healed or near being healed but I'm on the right path now and I will stay on here I am going to limit myself to post on Saturdays and Sunday's online juring the week I am banning myself from here , we can all do it guys and girls positive thoughts

natalie yog
16-08-15, 11:59
So glad to hear that you're doing well. You must have a lot of willpower to stop yourself going on this site I really envy you. I just had an over the phone consultation and now waiting for the call back for my first date with the counsellor.

tmckenzie-orr
16-08-15, 12:20
thats good hopefully ur get better soon with ur help , you have to do the steps to get better thats all, and i want to be well so thats why im doing it, in the short term it helps but long term it doesnt so gotta think of the bigger picture

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-15, 05:04
Sounds like good progress, Tony. Stopping and challenging your irrational thoughts rather than seeking reassurance is much better for you.

How have you found it being back on here? Any worse, better or no change? An answer to that question might help probe the impact of public forums on your anxiety as reassurance may be less of an issue than you thought if you can break it so easily.