PDA

View Full Version : losing control

nathanhelp
16-08-15, 12:41
Hello.

Today has driven me to this,

I can no longer cope with my anxiety.

I've had serious/bad anxiety for around 4 years.

Over the last 2 years I started to cope better with it, at the height of my anxiety I couldn't get on a plane - go on a bus or get in a car. I had to seek help and I found it.

The last few months have been horrible - I started a new job, more responsibility and more travelling. Last week i started to forget basic stuff, small details - it was really horrible - naturally i thought i had started the early stages of Alzheimers :weep::weep::weep:. Tomorrow I don't think I can go to work - at 26 my life is quite sociable at the moment - my alcohol in take has increase notably in the last few weeks - I feel I am drinking more to combat the stress and anxiety. I sit at my desk from Monday - Thursday in fear of passing out - dying. I do feel like I am dying - I am struggling to cope with life.

I wanted to ask - how do you cope with it?

What can i do and try to regain control....

Bella100
16-08-15, 14:18
Hello,
I have found in the past that I have fought the anxiety only for it to creep back up on me, usually in times of stress! Sounds like you have had a lot to manage with a new job aswell!
I've had episodes of forgetting things a lot recently and then worrying there's something wrong with my memory, it's a very horrible feeling, your not alone there!
The way I try to manage these days is to break everything down into smaller things, rather than looking at the bigger picture and worrying about it all, so even in one day break down each thing I need to do, focus on those and make sure I allow myself time to rest so I don't start becoming panicky.