PDA

View Full Version : Evening all

Greg101
16-08-15, 18:10
Hi everyone,

Just signed up today, I was an extremely anxious child who grew into a slightly less anxious adult.

However now that I am in my forties the years of ignoring or burying my problems is starting to have an effect.

I have recently started getting regular (but mild) panic attacks and also recently developed a fear of heights which came on suddenly when I was walking on the side of a steep hill! :)

Looking for some tools and techniques to manage and resolve these issues so that I can continue to be a happy and successful person.

I see this as a small first step to resolving my issues.

Greg :)

venusbluejeans
16-08-15, 18:15
Hiya Greg101 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

flisco
16-08-15, 18:21
Hello Greg

How are you? I just thought I'd say hi as I'm new to the forum too- but im finding it great to hear about other peoples anxieties and its a really supportive community so welcome! I hope you find the advice and relief that your looking for.

Greg101
16-08-15, 18:30
Hey there,

Thank you for the friendly welcome.

I'm doing okay this evening thank you.

Yes I agree its good to share and to see that you are not the only one with these problems.

Have you got any tips? Have you or are you suffering with similar problems?

I'm glad to be on this journey of facing up to and dealing with these issues :)

AnxietyDJ
16-08-15, 19:11
Welcome Greg! :welcome:

Hope you're enjoying your time on the site so far :) It has been a huge help to me since being a member.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

sial72
16-08-15, 19:21
Hi
Welcome Greg!
Has anything changed for you to feel more anxious now?
Do you exercise? Eat healthy?
Xx

Greg101
16-08-15, 19:32
Hi Sial,

Yes lots of changes for me in recent times.

End of my relationship with my partner of 6 years (luckily no kids and we weren't married)

Financial and business problems (I am working on solutions but they can't come quickly enough)

A bit of minor illness

All of which has come at once and my existing coping mechanisms were clearly insufficient. However I am working hard to resolve all of the above (with the exception for now of a relationship which can wait for a bit) as quickly as possible and to get back on track.

Yes I look after myself otherwise pretty well I have lost weight recently and I run a couple of time a week 10-15 miles a week in total.

How are you doing?

Pepperpot
17-08-15, 22:30
Welcome again Greg :)

ladyhawke77
17-08-15, 23:38
a very warm welcome to you greg, i suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia for years but slowly trying to get better with small steps, if you would to chat feel free to send me a message

poshpants
30-08-15, 22:37
Sounds like you are working hard to get back on track with things. Stress can and does take its toll at some point and comes out in different forms whether that's illness or anxiety /panic attacks or just exhaustion. I know from myself how I have felt and in particular the past few months or so and total exhaustion is one for me. Having someone that you can talk to is always good.

Exercise is good when you feel up to it to use up that extra adrenaline and focus your mind on something else for a while. Distraction is always good. Keep doing what your doing and don't put to much pressure on yourself x :hugs:

helloworld
31-08-15, 00:46
Hi Greg. Sounds like you are already doing the right things to get better.... I started getting severe panic attacks out of the blue several months ago, but have managed to get them under control with a combination of pills and therapy. For me it was very much work stress related.

Hope you find it useful here

Mark