PDA

View Full Version : Way too many coincidentes, Help

TomT
16-08-15, 18:41
Hey there my name is Tom im 21 and I been dealing with anxiety for over a year now, it started with a terrible fear to become schizophrenic. I went to a therapist and I got over it:D but in the las months I developed a fear for coincidences, thinking about something and seeing that everywhere also seeing people for the first time and thinking that I seen them before. I know its all in my head and im just feeling the badder meinhof effect and people look a like but im afraid I will become paranoid or psychotic. Please help

flisco
16-08-15, 19:36
Hello Tom

I just want to say that you can't think yourself in to a psychosis- you might fear a mental health breakdown but it won't happen just because you fear it.

I just wanted to add as well that should the worst happen and you did become psychotic (which is highly unlikely) you would survive- I've suffered with psychosis and survived- it wasn't pleasant but I'm still here!

I hope that helps. x flisco

Fishmanpa
16-08-15, 19:47
The beauty of this fear is that you won't know if it ever happens. Those that are in psychosis don't realize it. I had it happen due to drugs given during cancer treatment. I have vague recollections of that time period but I had no idea i was behaving out of the norm. Those around me did though!

Positive thoughts

TomT
16-08-15, 23:37
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the replies and they did help, I just wanted to add. Why this happens I mean I know they are ridiculous thoughts and coincidences are coincidences and that my attention is seeking for this things. But why, why (it doesnt happen with everyone) feeń like I seen them before eventos thoughts I know people features are normal? I fear I will become a paranoid personas, thinking shit happens because of god liens governement etc

Pepperpot
16-08-15, 23:53
I googled that baader meinhof phenomenon as I'd never heard it before; I'm pleased I did. I too have these "episodes"; my latest one is a certain number. I see it everywhere; on the microwave, clocks, in books, on buses etc, and it's got me convinced it's the age something terrible will happen to me. I don't think I'm psychotic, maybes a little bit mad lol, so you shouldn't either. X

TomT
17-08-15, 00:04
Hi pepperpot you made me laugh a lil bit thanks for that.
Is just I hate that feeling where I see someone and I say oh maybe i seen that personas before and my brain goes: exactly like truman show and im **** you brain