PDA

View Full Version : Raised temperature, lack of interest in anything

damianjmcgrath
16-08-15, 21:10
I've had anxiety for a while, and I've got used to the symptoms. However, the last two days have seen some new symptoms and I'm wondering if they are anxiety related or something else.

I've been feeling really hot all the time. It's a weird kind of heat. For example, I'm under the duvet right now and feel hot but I don't think moving the duvet would help. It's almost like a hot flush, or a hot shiver like when I've got a cold or fever. My body, especially my chest, is hot to touch. I don't know what my actual temperature is. I feel a bit panicky by it because if I kept getting hotter, I don't know how to stop it. If I get up, and walk into the kitchen or do something, I feel less hot and less panicky. I'm not sure if this points to an anxiety cause or not. It could be because those rooms are colder lol. It's worrying because it's constant. It's not like an adrenaline rush that rises and then drops off. I'm feeling hot flushy feelings pretty much 24/7.

I've also been weeing a lot. About 6 times in the last 2 hours and on average about 10/12 times a day. I know it's a sign of diabetes and I am more tired than usual but I haven't noticed myself feeling more thirsty recently. I last had my blood sugars taken 2 years ago and they were normal. I don't think I've got that but maybe I need to keep an eye on it. However, and this is a random hunch, but the weeing feels like it's caused by nerves, if that makes sense.

The most annoying symptom is that I'm trying to put TV on to distract me and nothing is holding my attention. I'm getting bored after about 5 minutes, even watching football. That's raising my panic because I feel like there's no escape from the symptoms and I can't distract myself.

Lastly, my chest aches randomly, like once an hour, and I get pinchy tingly sensations in my left fingers and a bit in the left arm. That's obviously a scary symptom. It's painful for 1-2 seconds then goes away.

All of these things are new symptoms that have appeared suddenly. Do they sound anxiety related or do they sound like a virus or other medical problem? Can new anxiety symptoms appear out of the blue?

Thanks

Jenwales
16-08-15, 21:35
Yes. I never used to get derealisation, then one day I got it out of the blue. Before that I had another symptom which took over my Xmas and it was anxiety.
Tingly sensations-normal. Chest aches-normal.
I find that anxiety will go away and then I'll get a new symptom. I have to make sure I keep my stress levels down or the derealisation comes back. I do mindfulness medtations and yoga and I feel much calmer now and when you're calmer it's easier to stay that way or to ease the set-backs when they occur.
I used to have sudden feverishness or warmness/hotness like you mention, at least once every few months.
If you think of how much stress anxiety puts on the body and how anxiety works, you will realise these symptoms are anxiety. If you are worried by all means visit a doctor but they are anxiety symptoms. Needing to pee more often could be a symptom too as I used to get that also.
I hate it when I get new symptoms because at least twice it's followed by another trip to the doctors and then more of them not having a clue or if they do not actually helping. But that's another story...
I wish I could heal everyone with anxiety but we are all so different. Maybe we each need to find the cure within us (sorry if that's cheesey) or something.
Hope you feel better just be knowing it's anxiety. And that you're not alone.

damianjmcgrath
16-08-15, 21:42
Thank you for your reply. Without sounding rude about this forum, I sometimes receive, or have seen, responses that are quite dismissive and basically say pull yourself together. Obviously, that's good advice and the dismissive approach might actually be helpful but I got a lot of comfort from your reply. Sounded like you'd listened to me and had experienced some similar things so thank you very much for replying.

I used to get some symptoms which I'd got used to and was ignoring pretty well. I felt like I'd turned a corner. Then I got these new ones which didn't feel usual so felt like a new problem so I panicked. Now I realise it was the anxiety playing tricks on me so I need to try and accept it and try and distract myself.

Getting new anxiety symptoms is a bit of a worry for me too. There's some that I really don't want! But I'm aware that the situation I've created for myself now is being anxious about having anxiety - thats a loop that boggles my mind lol!

I wish there was a home kit I could use to test my adrenaline levels - then I could see that all my symptoms appear when those levels are high! Someone should invent that!