PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid/Throat Lump

ThePerfctSky
16-08-15, 22:26
Hi everyone thank you for reading this I hope someone can help me out.
I can feel a soft lumpiness not a round lump its like fatty tissue feeling in my throat under the skin when i squish the skin with two fingers around the thyroid area I wondered if it was actually my thyroid i was feeling but you aren't meant to feel it are you? I found this about 3 years ago it hasnt grown maybe its even smaller and totally ignored as i didnt have severe HA back then up until tonight i felt it was just soft tissue or a normality but now the HA has struck please can someone help me and say they feel the same thing is it something to be worried about and if i had a serious illness like the C word after 3 years would i be very ill by now? Or am i feeling something totally normal? Im so so frightened yet again my HA is ruining my happiness please can someone shed some light? Thank You everyone who reads.

jackdobs
17-08-15, 11:23
I can feel mine, and I've pestered my partner enough in the past to know he can feel his too..and my doctor has examined me multiple times and felt it too. It's fine I THINK :)

Fallenangel76
17-08-15, 12:43
Hi have you had your thyroid lvls checked I had thyroid cancer and I was told people can live for years and die without even knowing they had it you can also so get cysts too and there are other glands around that area I wouldn't worry but might be worth asking gp to check your thyroid lvls

countrygirl
17-08-15, 17:38
I used to work for a thyroid advice charity. As has been said its most probably just normal part of your anatomy. Most thyroid lumps of concern are very visible when you turn your head to one side, they then become visible on one side or other at the base of your neck.

Again as had been said its worth just running it by your GP as they can tell straight away if its normal part of your thyroid anatomy or it needs further looking into and they can do the blood test as well. If you haven't ever had this test its alwasy worth having one!

ThePerfctSky
17-08-15, 20:12
Thank you everyone for replying i feel a little better but could i just ask if anyone knows if this is normal that i can feel when i put my hand on my throat and swallow i feel the cartilage in the middle of my throat move up and back down is this normal because the piece of cartilage sticks out more than the rest of my throat is this what its supposed to feel like? I thought things that moved when you swallowed were dangerous its not a lump its cartilage for sure but it protrudes more than anywhere else and moves when i swallow. Is this normal?

Fallenangel76
17-08-15, 20:21
It sounds normal to me as I can feel the same thing when I swallow but sometimes when my thyroid was swollen I used to have some difficulty swallowing but if you are worried just get the doctor to check it wouldn't hurt just to put your mind a rest

ThePerfctSky
17-08-15, 20:36
Thank you you are so lovely for helping me this site makes me feel like im not alone. Such lovely people. So do you feel the piece of cartilage in the middle of your throat too more than the rest? :)