PDA

View Full Version : swelling in groin?

AdequateUsername
17-08-15, 00:38
So about 3 months ago I woke up in a lot of pain. This wasn't unusual as I'd been sleeping on a sofa bed that night and have had pains in weird places when I woke up on sofa beds before. I tried to ignore it but it got worse. When I got up a few hours later to go to the toilet I noticed 2 bruises within a few centimetres of one another. The worse one was swollen and about the size and shape of my thumb. I spent the night looking up reasons for it. Partly because I was worried and partly because I couldn't sleep.
I figured it was just a swollen gland and if it didn't go away I'd see a doctor.

As I approached the 2 week deadline I'd set it shrunk and disappeared leaving a bruise that's still there.

A few days ago it came back. Out of nowhere I got up from a chair to find it hurt to move. I again used the toilet and checked.
I have a swollen "bubble" about the size of a tennis ball and a dot the size and consistency of a marble on top. The skin around the "marble" has peeled off and started bleeding lightly.

Both times I had a minor sore throat and no obvious cause. I don't want to go to a doctor if I don't have to because I can't afford it.
Do you think I should see a doctor?

blue moon
17-08-15, 02:25
Hi:D
Yes I think you should see a doc you may have infection,is there a bulk billing surgery near you?

Petra x