PDA

View Full Version : Could it be gallbladder or something else

Fallenangel76
17-08-15, 10:58
Hi I'm going out of my mind for the last week I have felt so awful doctor said it was a tummy bug then an infection I've been getting a horrible pain in right side of tummy that goes all round my back and from my belly button to my breast bone stupidly I looked up and could it be my gallbladder I've been sweating badly even at night I've got brain fog that I can't do anything yesterday was horrible I went to see my horses and was sweating badly shaking all over and a bad headache I've had fear over my heart for years I suffer with ectopic heartbeats oh and I know tmi but had one very watery yellow diarrhea on Sat night was only once could a bug really do all this please help I'd rather be dead then carry on like this

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

Forgot to mention I do suffer with ibs and have thyroid cancer that was removed

countrygirl
17-08-15, 17:44
I have gallstones and have had them for 30 years but they don't bother me if I don't eat pastry! I did have a couple of attacks many years ago and you never forget a gallbladder attack. I had severe pain under my right rib and waist level with pain going though into my right shoulder blade. If I laid down flat and breathed out and them gently pushed my fingers under my right rib and breathed in the pain was horrific as I was pressing on the gallbladder area. Typically gallbladder pain lasts for up to 12 hrs and then you pass the stone and it improves hugely. If the stone gets stuck in the bile duct then the pain continues and you can have your skin and eyes turn yellow. I also during a gallbladder attack had alot of burping and acid.
If a gallstone gets stuck then it usually gives your very pale beige coloured poo as bile is not getting to your intestine and is a red flag sign for gallstone problem. Yellow poo is much more likely to be from a bug.
If you gently push your fingers under rib cage as above and its very painful then do go back to your Dr asap as a continuing attack could point towards a stuck gallstone.

I have to say though it does sound more like a bad stomach bug that you are describing but try the above but very gently!

Fallenangel76
17-08-15, 19:47
Thank you for the reply I tried what you said to and it's very tender but bearable it could be a bug I've got to have a blood test tomorrow and a stool test done I have been getting some sharp pains in my chest so hopefully it's just a bug many thanks for your reply has put my mind at ease

countrygirl
17-08-15, 22:02
My husband and I got the worst stomach bug ever a few years ago and it was only because he started two days before me so I knew what to expect that I was not totally terrified as we were so ill. For two days we literally lived in the bathroom as we were passing yellow water everytime we took a mouthful of water. We had high temp and awful stomach ache. By day 3-4 we were passing yellow toothpaste and could at least drink water but kept going faint when we stood up or went to the loo.
By day 6 we could actually leave the house but were totally wiped out and it took another 4-5 days for our gastric to return to normal.