PDA

View Full Version : Heart concerns! Weird irregular beat

Emmapony
17-08-15, 10:12
Hi everyone,
Something weird just happened to me . I woke up and I checked my pulse (bad I know but hard to break) and my heart was beating slow for three bests then it sped up! I didn't notice this before and it's not like a palpitation you can actually feel in your chest! I am now really scared and my chest feels tight and I feel sweaty and like I can't breathe!!!! Should I be really concerned ad see a doctor soon.
I'm 19!and healthy as far as I'm aware and the doctors never seem commenced about women's hearts at this age!
Thank you

countrygirl
17-08-15, 17:59
If you were not aware of any change in your heartbeat then its probably something that is normal to you. There are a huge number of different heartbeats like ectopic beats and fast heartbeats that are classed as a normal variation of heart rhythm and of no concern. People who get ectopic beats ( feel like a missed beat) and notice them are almost always anxious people. Other people get them as well but just don't notice them or so a cardiologist told me.

As always - if you continue to be worried about it then do go and discuss with your GP who will be able to put your mind at rest.

sl1nky
17-08-15, 22:32
Palpitations wont kill you but irregular heart beats can cause some symptoms or be cause by an underlining symptom or abuse of too much caffeine/nicotine. So be sure to see your doctor have them test you on a EGC, this will determine if you actually have one and if it's a problem. In the mean time there is no point worrying about it until you know for sure :)