PDA

View Full Version : Worried

Cags48
17-08-15, 11:33
I had blood in my urine 4 weeks ago since then I have urgency to go all the time my GP rang today and wantse to go for a cystoscope to rule out cancer I'm absolutely scared I have cancer I can't eat sleep anything they are fast tracking me anyone ever had this ?

swajj
17-08-15, 11:43
I've had blood in my urine everytime I've had a urinary tract infection. It usually takes a week or more before my urine shows no blood. I have had a couple of urinary tract infections that have been treated with antibiotics and shown no blood a week or so later but I have still had the urgency to go for weeks after the infection cleared. I know it was anxiety causing the feeling that I needed to go all the time. Did the doctor test you for a uti?

Cags48
17-08-15, 18:22
Yes no infection

countrygirl
17-08-15, 22:08
Was it visible blood or did it show up on the dip tests they do?

I have leaky kidneys that leak blood all the time but its not visible to the naked eye although once when I got dehydrated it was pure blood for 24 hrs, that was very scary.

I have had every test including the cystoscopy. intravenious x rays and ultrasounds and there is nothing wrong with me other than being born with large filters on my kidneys that let blood and other things through. They work perfefctly normally.

Like me you qualify for fast tracking because of your red flag symptom but it does not have to mean anything sinister is causing it. You do need the tests though so be brave, the cystoscopy is not bad at all for women although a little more painful for men and they tend to do ultrasounds as well at the same time. I got my answers before I left the clinic.

Being scared is totally normal even for someone without HA but you should be seen and tested within 2 weeks and have your answers.

LEt us know how you get on.

sl1nky
17-08-15, 22:21
I think blood in urine can be something as simple as an infection or STD (which isn't as bad as it sounds, a lot of them can be treated) don't work yourself up until you know for sure :)

Cags48
19-08-15, 08:52
Yes the blood was very visable it actually looked like tea when they tested was no bacteria . Thank you for your replies

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Apparently I've also been on medication that is linked to bladder cancer I really can't cope

YC
03-09-15, 08:39
I know how you feel, went for a routine urine test and there was blood in mine too. I'm beside myself with worry. The minute the kids left for school I went back to bed and spent all day googling😓

Cags48
07-09-15, 17:18
I have to have a CT scan with contrast dye and a camera into my bladder I'm so scared

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Won't be an STI Haven't done the deed for 3 yrs lol

Munchlet
07-09-15, 19:33
Hi I work with a lady who has had this for well over a year, every time they test her urine there is blood in it. Initially it wasn't visible but recently she said it was very noticeable.

They have done everything, cytoscope kidney x rays , blood tests etc and never ever found a reason.

She still worries everytime she has a urine test as she knows they will ring and say there's blood in it but her doctor has said that she's had all the diagnostic tests and sometimes there is no cause.

I know this won't stop your worrying but bear in mind that just because they are doing the tests it doesn't mean there's anything seriously wrong, they just have to do it to rule things out.

My aunt has also had this several times and had tests but no reason found, they said her's could be due to endometreosis.

So there are lots of reasons for this to happen and the majority of them are easily treatable.