PDA

View Full Version : A glass of wine

ADW
17-08-15, 13:29
I've started drinking a bit to relax me now that I've run out of diazepam and I know it's not likely the dr will give me anymore. Not a lot just a glass or two a day but I have already had a glass now at half one in the afternoon. I don't like to get drunk as the feeling makes me sick and anxious bur I have enough to relax me. The last couple of weeks have been tough as I started back at work on a phased return but I'm back full time tomorrow night. Yes...my employers have given me night shifts on the week I start back full time. I suffer from insomnia and anxiety and they are aware of my mental health issues. Just feeling rubbish and nervous about tomorrow night. Plus the night shift after i am the only permenant staff member on, the rest are agency staff so I will be on charge. I'm only junior in the role. Really struggling with all off this and I know the drinking is bad

MyNameIsTerry
18-08-15, 04:26
Have you spoken to your GP about a more long term solution to anxiety management in the form of meds and/or therapy?

Self medicating with alcohol can be a very slippery slope so please keep an eye on it and I really think you should tell your GP about this so they can try to help you.