PDA

View Full Version : Slowly losing my mind here

CoraB
17-08-15, 15:54
Hey all,

I hope this is posted in the right place I am really not sure what is going on with me. i suffer from anxiety and have recently been going through a really bad patch where honestly i felt like I wasn't going to cope.

I've recently been in for a small operation and have struggled all through since I was in hospital with feeling like i can't get a grip on my thoughts just going round and round. Before the op and now even a week after I am getting pains in my arms and legs and a feeling of tingling in my fingers and feet. My main worry is I feel like I am trembling inside and when I try to do everyday tasks I feel really weak.

I have it even when i don't think I feel that anxious. I can't stop thinking i have MS. Two members of my family, my aunt and great uncle, both have MS and I am scared. I just want to know but the GP won't take me seriously because of my anxiety.

Has anyone else got this kind of symptoms from anxiety? If anyone has anything I can try, even just little things I would appreciate any insight.

Tando
01-09-15, 09:00
You feel tingly in your feet and arms because your body's adrenaline response to fear is "Hey, if I get into a fight with a lion here and he cuts my fingers or toes, I'll just pull back the blood from my hands and feet so that if I DO get cut, I won't bleed as much."

If your GP isn't concerned about you having MS, seriously do not worry about it. He is well aware that you have anxiety, and medical professionals take EVERYTHING that people with anxiety say as seriously as anyone else. I have ran to the emergency 20 times per month in the past thinking I had HIV, they tested my blood probably 30 times in total and never even complained about my anxiety. They just told me every single time, "let's check to make sure..." they would come back and say "Nope you're all good" and "anxiety causes this symptom. Here's a referral to see a psychiatrist."

If your GP isn't concerned, stop right there and move on.

viking111
03-09-15, 21:40
Hello!
Your are fueling your anxiety with these fears. Just forget about them, distract them, do something fun.