PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Allergies

GoWhiteSox
17-08-15, 16:34
A few weeks ago i had ct scan for sinus headaches that have plagued me all summer.. a couple courses of different antibiotics but no luck..had follow up w ent today to go over ct results was very reassuring she said my scan looks good other than a couple areas of mild inflammation..she also said allergy sufferers often have big symptoms but only little issues on their scan..

So that being said..are there any allergy sufferers out there who have managed to not let their allergy symptoms make their HA much worse? the pain and discomfort are very real although the cause is benign..just causing some cognitive dissonance in me i guess

swgrl09
17-08-15, 17:39
I went through the exact same thing last year. I still got angry and scared even knowing it was allergies because I was sick constantly and in pain. Once the first frost hit and my symptoms got better, I started to believe my doctor. It was hard though. Now I'm on allergy shots and a few meds for them and this season hasn't been nearly as bad on me.

GoWhiteSox
17-08-15, 18:02
thanks swgrl..
the ent prescribed singulair for me which hopefully will help a little..

this allergy crap runs in my family my dad and i have been swapping stories of our misery for months now..my 18 yr old cousin too..never had it this bad before though i believe it is due to the mold counts around here being really high this year...ugh..looking forward to winter :-)

GoWhiteSox
18-08-15, 20:57
well im finding out that singulair can cause "neuropsychiatric" events in the literature that came with the meds..i guess it can reduce serotonin levels..which means this med is NOT for me..sigh..

swgrl09
19-08-15, 00:00
I would call your doctor and ask. I mean those literature packets have to least every single possible reaction, even if it's .001% chance. I have many family members who take singulair and I think some people on here do as well. So ask your doctor first or pharmacist before making that decision.

I use Xyzal (antihistamine) and Flonase, a nasal steroid spray, that have helped tremendously.

GoWhiteSox
19-08-15, 00:15
thanks i will probably give it a couple of weeks and see how i feel on it..felt kind of zonked which led me to read the paperwork which i usually avoid