PDA

View Full Version : Mouth ulcers

imfineokay
17-08-15, 18:58
Hey, so I've been doing well.... Sorta and I have gotten myself some mouth ulcers recently in my inner lower lip. I've had one of them for two weeks and it has kept changing in size by shrinking and growing on some days it's still there. I'm trying not to get myself worked up about this as I know that I'm a hypochondriac and I've been to the docs loads recently. Also I'm 17 and don't smoke. My question is even if a mouth ulcer doesn't heal is it still a rare chance of it being mouth ca.......? Btw these are NOT big ulcers they are pretty tiny.

jackdobs
17-08-15, 21:58
I've had the same worry over mouth symptoms. At your age I would think this type of cancer is largely unheard of. Especially as you're not a smoker. Also, remember that ulcers are a common symptom of stress and worry. If it's been healing and changing in size that's most likely a very good sign :) and no other symptoms? Chill.

imfineokay
17-08-15, 22:04
Hey, and yeah I think you're right I've had a recurrent ulcer at the start of the year which had the same appearance as this one does, btw do you think it is rare for it to be serious even if it didn't heal within 3 weeks? Thanks for replying :)

sl1nky
17-08-15, 23:13
I get a mouth ulcers that are usually caused from biting my lip by accident, some times they can form under my tongue. on the surface, inner cheek but usually it's either the front gums or lips. They usually last for 1-3 week depending how bad it gets. If you put salt or ulcer applications on them they tend to shrink and after time they'll seem to have grown again (maybe this is what is happening?) re-biting an ulcer by accident can also cause it to have to restart it's healing process... or blistering hot drinks If your really concerned see your doctor and be tested

Munchlet
18-08-15, 10:38
Hi I used to get mouth ulcers a lot at your age and still do. I also used to find some of them lasted weeks.

I use Igloo, if you can get to a chemist get some it's fantastic, years ago you could only get it on prescription but now you can get it over the counter. It forms a protective film over the ulcer which allows it to heal a lot quicker.

I used all the old tricks Bicarb, salt, mouthwash, bonjela but they took ages to heal, now I use Igloo and they are gone within a few days.

The thing to remember is everytime you eat or drink the food will irritate the ulcer and that's why it takes longer to heal so if you get something that forms a protective film over it and it's antibacterial it just gives it a bit more time to heal.

Take care

imfineokay
18-08-15, 14:57
I'm starting to think it is an inflamed fordyce spot as I have loads of white bumps around this area and what I'm describing looks quite similar to those spots. Can fordyce spots get inflamed? The spot isn't painful. Btw thanks for the replays I really aprreciate the help.

sl1nky
18-08-15, 18:58
You jumped from cancer to something else, this should tell you straight away that you shouldn't self diagnose. Visit a doctor and confirm, you can even visit a walk in center if you don't want to make an appointment, they can help reassure your worries.

imfineokay
19-08-15, 14:48
Meh I dunno about that, I've been going to the doctors and back about 12 times now. Surely it's nothing.