PDA

View Full Version : Spit blood yesterday, please help.

Strovbe
17-08-15, 21:08
I clear my throat almost every day, every hour. It honestly feels like post nasal drip, and it's annoying as all hell, been happening for like a year now. Recently, on a couple of occasions I've spit blood. Not coughed up, just spit. I don't know if it's coming from my gums or my throat or what but I'm terrified I have lung or throat cancer. I haven't been coughing much or anything, I don't look or feel that sick, but I'm starting to worry a lot. I'm only 19 and have been smoking for 3 years. Has anyone had this happen before? What could be the cause? Should I be as worried as I am?

Fishmanpa
17-08-15, 21:33
I clear my throat almost every day, every hour. It honestly feels like post nasal drip, and it's annoying as all hell, been happening for like a year now. Recently, on a couple of occasions I've spit blood. Not coughed up, just spit. I don't know if it's coming from my gums or my throat or what but I'm terrified I have lung or throat cancer. I haven't been coughing much or anything, I don't look or feel that sick, but I'm starting to worry a lot. I'm only 19 and have been smoking for 3 years. Has anyone had this happen before? What could be the cause? Should I be as worried as I am?

I've mentioned on several of your threads that fearing throat and lung cancer and smoking just doesn't add up. That being said, at this point at 19 years of age, this is most likely just some mouth/throat/gums irritation due to your habit and irritants like allergens.

Quitting now would decrease your chances of developing something detrimental in the future.

Positive thoughts

Strovbe
17-08-15, 21:42
Oh I know, I've already quit, forgot to mention that. This was enough to get me to stop. I have pretty bad allergies, honestly. Comes in the form of rhinitis mostly but there's the throat clearing as well and it is just awful.

Thank you though, Fishmanpa.