PDA

View Full Version : My brain doesn't know whats it's doing

sl1nky
17-08-15, 22:19
This will probably be long, so get a cup of tea if your interested in reading :yesyes: by the way i am 21 and male

First of all I've been like this for the most of 2 years, all it took was a single panic attack one day and BOOM! Everything i did was instantly scary. Began questioning my life style, choices of food, salt intake, smoking etc etc Nurses told me to lower my caffeine intake but me freaking out made me stop it entirely the same day, after several panic attacks and visits to the hospital for various tests i was put on beta blockers for a period of 6 months to stop panic attacks (doctors also said I had a very slight irregular heart beat) but these tablets would only stop physical symptoms and i'd left be stewing with mental ones. I come off them, felt fine for a good while but now it's kind of back and worse.

I am having a hard time figuring out what form of anxiety I have. My doctor simply referred me to psychological therapy which is an appointment every month or 2 apart... I have to return to university for my final year in SEPTEMBER and they have given me an appointment that's the month after... I don't think i could cope if i freak out in the middle of a lecture, living on my own and so far away from home... I'm terrified to go back but this isn't my only worry right now.

I worry everyday about my health from every twinge or pain I assume the worst, googling away until i find what satisfies my fears the only thing is that deep in the back of my head I know it's all bogus and stupid yet why do I get so worked up about it? I'm know the truth yet im not in control. Well it's not so much that right at this point... It's the dizziness that freaks me out the most! I get dizzy a lot and lately it's really taking an impact that I feel so "out of it".

Lately I've been trying to stop vaping nicotine, slowly weaning on it and having less, but in more stress filled environments I tend to start using it a lot more, then a lot less, then more... I think im just confusing my body.

So I've chosen to just quit, either way, by using it too much i get dizzy... By not using it at all... I get dizzy, im not winning here... I haven't moved out of my bed for 3 days only to eat and pee... Family always note that i'm always in bed... Well all the honesty is that i don't have all much else to do, im unmotivated to do general things, i don't have any friends where i live (it's been that way for 2 years) the only person i see is my girlfriend, but that's once every month or two.

I've gone through a lot of s*** in my life, alcholic abusive farther, mother who cut her wrists, abusive girlfriend who won't let me see my son. (haven't' seen him in 2 years) maybe it's why im like this... but it's because im like this im having trouble getting over these problems...

I think i have a mix of generalized anxiety disorder and im a hypochondriac,
this is just an idea though...

Thanks for any of your support and thoughts