PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot panic

white1989
18-08-15, 09:09
I am desperate for some reassurance in any way possible. I have been to the doctors this morning to ask for more tests done as I'm still convinced that my so-call anxiety symptoms are actually the cause of a more serious problem.
I explained that I have suffered on-off for 2 years with intermittent chest pain and intermittent breathing difficulties, they can be really bad and then go away and then suddenly get really bad again. It has always been put down to anxiety in the past but over the last few weeks my breathing problems have been really bad, where I feel some days I just cannot take a proper breath and someone is sat on my chest ( I did experience this as well about a year ago the same symptoms and then it went away).
The doctor said I need to immediately go to A&E for a test for a blood clot on my chest (P.E) - this instantly sent me into panic overdrive and I asked more about it, she said it usually would come on suddenly but can sometimes come on gradually, but if I've been suffering with this stuff on-off for 2 years then surely it can't be that?
She said it was a bit over the top to send me for tests for the blood clot but she wanted to rule that out and cover herself. I'm now sat at work and have to do so for the next 9 hours until I can go to hospital and I'm just sat here convinced that I'm going to die and that they're going to diagnose me with this blood clot on my chest tonight, I cannot focus on anything else and it's making me want to cry!
Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated, I'm losing the will to live worrying about this :(

stephaniejane66
19-08-15, 10:42
As a mum of a sufferer I have experienced this in similar form from the outside. By now you will have had the tests and I hope everything was clear. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thinking of you and hoping you are ok :-)

white1989
19-08-15, 17:58
hi Stephanie, thanks so much for your kind message. fortunately my test results came back all clear, which felt like the most pleasant surprise in the world! I still have to go for some more tests and find out what's causing all the pain/heart hiccups, but the doctor was great and spent lots of time talking to me after my results about anxiety and possible coping methods.
I'm sorry to hear what you went through, did your daughter have a PE or do you mean she has bad anxiety? Either way, I hope everything is ok with her and she has received the best support.
Best wishes x