PDA

View Full Version : Sleep apnea or just anxiety?

kristaok
18-08-15, 10:35
I had a weird out of body lucid type dream that demons were after me, and at times I felt sort of suffocated, I also had a black cat staring at me and so forth.

I finally woke up from the worst nightnt yet I feel like I don't exist, I feel woozy, groggy, just hazy. I also was shivering, I have the band around my head, and weak limbs.

urbanhermit
18-08-15, 12:02
Hello

Sorry to hear that you've had disturbed sleep.

Based on what you've described, I'd suggest it's probably just a bad dream.

I've had issues with sleep apnea in the past but found that by not drinking alcohol, losing weight and doing some relaxation exercises helped me enormously.

Best of luck.

kristaok
18-08-15, 12:13
Thanks I hope it's not sleep apnea.

meche
18-08-15, 12:28
Doesn't sound like sleep apnea. My sleep was hugely affected when my anxiety was high - hypnotic jerks, surreal dreams, nightmares & sleepwalking...... something I hadn't done since I was a child. I used to dread going to bed. I would spend my days spaced out because my quality of sleep was so poor. I've since got over the worst of my anxiety & sleep much better but to this day I still use relaxation recordings when I go to bed because they help me relax and empty my mind. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Emilym80
18-08-15, 14:21
Sounds more like sleep paralysis or hypnagogia. People don't usually realise when they have sleep apnea but they feel absolutely exhausted during the day (falling asleep all the time), really tired/dizzy when they wake up, etc.

sl1nky
18-08-15, 18:30
I've had times where I've woke up and shot up in an upright position from bad dreams, because it was so quickly i'd be still half a sleep and rather dizzy, i just lay back down and go back to sleep.