PDA

View Full Version : Roof of mouth question

jackdobs
18-08-15, 12:31
Hi all,

I've been doing my very best to not look in my mouth with a torch (it's been so hard to resist the urge), but I must just ask, what colour should the roof of the mouth be? Mine looks really red and irritated and has done for a week, but I asked my partner and he couldn't see anything and said it just looks like a normal roof of the mouth. Sometimes it's like there's nothing there, just a faint redness but other times I'm convinced it looks all sore.

I can't handle this, seriously..when will it get better? The medication is making me feel even worse :weep:

PixieSpit
18-08-15, 13:18
Heeey,
I worry alot about this too, i'm always checking and finding hidden bumps or something that I feel shouldn't be there. But I always try to remind myself that your mouth is an easily irritated place. Anything can randomly tick it off, even eating something hot can irritate your mouth for weeks.
The roof of my mouth is kinda' red and it gets itchy sometimes. Not only that, but like with any lump or bump or rash or ... well anything, the more you pay attention to it, the worse it seems to get.
I don't know what kind of Meds you're on but if its something your body isn't used too it may even be that?

Anyway, I know its tough, try to occupy your mind.
Hope you feel a little better soon, at least :3

jackdobs
18-08-15, 23:27
Thanks for the reply pixie! Currently on Sertraline 50mg, so it could be a reaction to that. Not sure though, my partner says it just looks like the rest of my mouth and doesn't look weird but I'm always comparing what I find to other people and worrying myself sick. Ugh.:wacko: