PDA

View Full Version : Physical symptoms and I'm not even anxious!

Katharsis
18-08-15, 13:59
Okay, this is some bull***t right here.
I've had a splitting headache for the past 2 days, tired and unfocused eyes, feeling groggy and woozy ... All the symptoms I get when my anxiety is high. Here's the thing though; I'm NOT anxious. AT ALL. For the past week I've been actively working on suppressing my anxiety and it worked, felt great for a while. And then the symptoms came back. And of course now I am anxious cause this stupid headache won't go away.
I'm so pissed off at my own body right now -.-:mad:

natalie yog
18-08-15, 14:33
I know exactly how you feel. I was doing so good with my anxiety and 'symptoms' then suddenly I get left sided head and eye pain and it's put me back to square 1. I'm so drugging frustrated.

sial72
18-08-15, 14:38
It takes time for the physical symptoms to disappear after the anxiety is better, it isn't like a switch, it can sometimes take days or weeks for an over sensitized body to return to normal

Fishmanpa
18-08-15, 14:51
Think of your anxiety like a campfire. When you're anxiety is high, it's burning full force. Then, when the stress abates, the fire will still burn and stay hot for a considerable amount of time. Even little things and unconscious aspects can add fuel to the fire and keep it hot.

That's the best analogy I can come up with as to why this happens.

Positive thoughts

56degree
19-08-15, 09:08
I am so glad someone posted this. I was just about to ask when to expect my symptoms to be gone. I was very anxious from October to July and after taking control of a few things, I feel I am no longer irrational about my health. My IBS went away a couple of weeks ago but I am still plagued by headache and eye floaters. I would really love to get to spring feeling a normal person again, after a year of absolute hell.

Katharsis
19-08-15, 16:34
56degree I know how it is, I also suffer from bad eye floaters...They used to freak the hell out of me now I'm used to them. And this headache is killing me..well today it is much better..but it's funny it's always one sided, one day it's right sided the next it's left sided, and the eye on which side the headache is located, is always fuzzy and feels weird. But yeah today I'm better. I think we must remember two things: 1. most anxiety happens on a subconscious level and 2. it takes a lot of time for a stressed out body to return to normal.

Nervousnellie001
20-08-15, 08:49
I get eye floaters and headaches daily. My HA is really bad at the moment. Could HA be the cause??

H x