PDA

View Full Version : GAD and purging

doveofhope
18-08-15, 19:07
Hi.. so today I have officially been diagnosed with GAD and i'm having therapy twice a week for 4 weeks intensely. My question is.. should I tell the therapist that I have that sometimes I purge on purpose because i'm so anxious?

What will they do? Will it confuse things?

E x

sl1nky
18-08-15, 19:11
The question I have is how is it your doctor gave you therapy twice a week for 4 weeks and i'm getting appointments once every 2 months :weep: I get suicidal thoughts and everything and this is all they are giving me lol

And tell your therapist everything otherwise they won't be able to choose the best way to help you

Leah1971
18-08-15, 20:12
Hi Doveofhope, yes definitely let them know. It's important that they know everything. It will help them help you. And don't forget, they aren't there to judge you - they're there to help you. Keep us all up to date with your progress :)

doveofhope
18-08-15, 20:15
The question I have is how is it your doctor gave you therapy twice a week for 4 weeks and i'm getting appointments once every 2 months :weep: I get suicidal thoughts and everything and this is all they are giving me lol

And tell your therapist everything otherwise they won't be able to choose the best way to help you

Heya -
My medical centre run an intensive therapies programme and i'm doing twice a week because the therapist I have been given is leaving.

You should go back to your Dr if you don't feel like you are getting enough support! I'm sure there is more they could do.
E x

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Hi Doveofhope, yes definitely let them know. It's important that they know everything. It will help them help you. And don't forget, they aren't there to judge you - they're there to help you. Keep us all up to date with your progress :)

Thanks Leah - i'm super worried but i'm going to let him know on Thursday when I see him again. I don't know how to phrase it or anything though!

E x

sial72
18-08-15, 20:46
Yes, you should definitely let them know.
Just tell him...there is something I want to tell you...
Good luck xx