PDA

View Full Version : my daughter

jill
12-09-04, 22:48
Hi

my daughter has took an interest in your site, i myself suffer with panic attacks but my daughter has sufferd with anxiety since she was 3, she is now 11 years old. This site has helped me alot and i think that she may benafit from this site.Please can you tell me is there an age limit to this site. Can i have your thoughts on this matter.
She will be monatered by me at all times.

THANKS

Jill :D

sal
12-09-04, 22:53
Hi Jill

No age limits and if she needs support and help this is where she will feel totally supported. I am sorry that she is suffering at such a young age and must be so hard for you as a mother to cope with it, let alone how she feels.

Any support she needs we will try to help her.

Love Sal xxxxx

Meg
12-09-04, 22:59
Hi Jill,

99% of what is on here will be fine for her to access.

However, people do post about a wide variety of symptoms, sideeffects and thoughts .

We do get a few jokes that may not be suitable for most 11 year old but it is totally up to you- no problem from this end.

Currently our youngest regular member is Jade who is 13 unless shes had a birthday since I last checked . I'm sure she'll correct me !!

If she posts please can it be in full English and not in text speak as many people find it difficult to follow in a post . It's fine for quick replies.

Anyone who can benefit is welcome.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

seh1980
12-09-04, 23:15
hi Jill,

She's more than welcome!!

Sarah :D

sal
12-09-04, 23:50
Hi Jill

When she needs us we are here for her. Read a post she had replied to with Scooter Girl, let her keep talking to Jade and all of us hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Karen
13-09-04, 00:17
Hi Jill

Just like to echo everyone else and say your daughter is most welcome here.

Briary

Rennie1989
13-09-04, 20:34
Meg: IM 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, sorry, lol

YAY IVE GOT A FRIEND, LOL

ill love to see your daughter more frequantly jill, whats her name

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

sal
14-09-04, 00:36
Hi Jill

I am guessing it is your daugher i have just replied to. It must have been so hard for you both when she has suffered from an early age of 3.

I am trying to imagine how i would have coped if Sam had been anxious like that and i do worry everyday now she is 9 that she may become like me.

You have obviously been a great support to her and are offering her all the help you can.

I hope she finds this site really helpful and that we are all here and can give her all the support she needs.

You say that you suffer, so how do you manage with that aswell as helping your daughter? Cant be easy for you and we will offer you all the support you need aswell.

Love Sal xxxxx

jill
16-09-04, 13:51
Hi Everyone
Thank you all for your post

Tears are in my eyes as i read these post, no-one has ever ask me what i was going through, allthough i never wanted sympathy just understanding. I myself have only been having panic attacks since june. It really hurts knowing now what my daughter has been going through all these years. I owe my recovery to this site who has given me lots of support and information on how to cope and how to change. I also have to think of my daughter who is doing very well now, if she can do it so can i. I have to be well not only for myself but for her.
Hannza is doing well now she has'nt been sick for a while but she still has a few blips.
I myself have not had a panic attack since August and i'm doing very well to. I put the blame on you lot. LOL.
I can't thank you all enough.
I wish you all well.

love from one :D happy person

Jill :D:D:D

sal
16-09-04, 23:08
Hi Jill

I can only offer you admiration for how you have coped because when i think of my daughter, words astound me.

You have done so well and i am so proud of you, honestly.

To be in your position must have taken you so much hard work as well as you suffering.

You are an inspiration to us all and i truly mean that.

Suffering yourself and coping with your daughter, makes me look at my life and Jill you have done so well and deserve all the support and help you deserve.

Well impressed by how you have coped and admire you a lot.

Anytime you want to talk go on to profiles and email me from there.

You are so strong coping with what you have and helping your daughter through it. You make me feel week worrying about myself when my daughter Sam seems so well and coping.

Well done cant admire you enough for your hard work.

Love Sal xxxxx

Rennie1989
17-09-04, 21:32
ow bless your heart jill!!! im glad your recovering,iv recovered so much myself

hope your daughter is ok

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

sal
17-09-04, 23:59
Hi Jill

You should be so proud of yourself with what you have had to deal with. Not only your health but your daughters.

Like i said before i admire you and cant imagine what you have been through.

You should be so proud you have come this far not with only you suffering but your daughter.

Havent got the words to applause you but you really do deserve it and i wish you the best of luck and will always be here if you need to talk hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
19-09-04, 17:55
Hi Jill

Sorry I have been away for a week and only just got back yesterday.

I see that Hanza has posted already and of course she is more than welcome here.

Like Meg said, some posts may not be suitable - mainly the jokes etc but I am sure she will be fine here.

It is so lovely that you are here and doing well too and I am pleased that the forum has helped you too.

I am sure we can help Hanza too!

Nicola

jill
21-09-04, 13:35
Hi

Just want to say a big THANKS to everyone for there kind words.

wishing you all well.

TAKE CARE

Jill:D:D

sal
21-09-04, 23:20
Hi Jill

You dont need to thank us at all, we are more than happy to help you and can see how hard you have had it fighting it on your own.

Just hope you see now that you dont need to and we will help you both as much as we can.

You have done so well, dont ever forget that.

Love Sal xxxxx