PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/worriness/panic attack

BAR
19-08-15, 11:26
Hello all, I'm a 29 yrs old single male, I'm having this panic/anxiety/excitement related cough from the past 10 yrs. I have visited a lot of doctors, had a lot of tests (nothing came though that could have made me serious). I was having a trouble of sinus about 10 yrs ago and had to get it removed by an operation. Before that, my nose kept on dripping for like all the seasons in a year. But still, whenever I consults the doctors they simply say that you have an allergy. Now that doesn't makes any sense throughout, since it always happens either when I'm worried or excited it some times even occurs during a scintillating situation while even watching a movie. Guys please help me out here, I don't even have any kind of addiction, never even smoked my entire life. Please help me

Reggie
20-08-15, 00:23
It does sound like postnasal drip. It matches your symptoms perfectly (though I'm not a doctor or medically trained) my husband has allergies that make him cough. Smoke, weather, shape of your sinus, certain foods and allergies can be triggers.

BAR
20-08-15, 08:16
Thanks Reggie for the reply,
That's what every doctor says so, but it also happens even if when I'm sitting idle at home and also when there's a worrying situation, may be the slightest, but it starts a tickling in the back of the throat and the cough continues for about 3-4mins (very severe).
Anyways what medications did your husband took to avoid it.

sial72
20-08-15, 09:07
There is what is called a nervous cough and if doctors have checked you over and over again and everything is allright then your cough must simply be nervous, my nerves make me permanently clear my throat, others have other tics...

Greenman50
20-08-15, 18:39
Thanks Reggie for the reply,
That's what every doctor says so, but it also happens even if when I'm sitting idle at home and also when there's a worrying situation, may be the slightest, but it starts a tickling in the back of the throat and the cough continues for about 3-4mins (very severe).
Anyways what medications did your husband took to avoid it.

Had that for 6 months ....with me it was the blood pressure tablets i was on "ace inhibiters"

The throat tickle was a pain followed by the coughing fit and running nose , also the post nasal drip kicked it off .

My Dr prescribed "rhintec" nasal spray it worked .

You can get over the counter stuff worth a try surly ?

http://www.boots.com/en/Pharmacy-Health/Health-shop/Allergy-hayfever/Allergy-hayfever-nasal-sprays/

Reggie
21-08-15, 01:07
My husband has non specific rhinitis and has a nasal spray which does help.