PDA

View Full Version : Sickness phobia really getting a hold

Lizzie22
19-08-15, 14:48
Hi, My grand daughter has always had a real fear of being sick since she was tiny. She turned 18 a couple of weeks ago and this has escalated out of all proportion. She has been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety. This escalates the feeling sick and in turn she can't eat. Totally vicious circle. I have taken her to GP they have prescribed meds but she won't take anything as the chemist said the symptoms would probably get worse before they take effect. She has lost a load of weight and I am at a loss as to how to help other than be there for her. GP also advised counselling, but that to she feels sick at the thought of even speaking to someone on the phone. Any advice out please

venusbluejeans
19-08-15, 14:53
Hiya Lizzie22 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
22-08-15, 17:35
Hi Lizzie, welcome to the forum.

There a sub-site dedicated to emotophobiaa that you may want to look through for info and advice:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Mark