PDA

View Full Version : quitting smoking with HA/GAD

sl1nky
19-08-15, 20:51
This must be the 7th time I've quit smoking and this time being the most difficult now that i have GAD and HA (makes me really wish I quit the first time) I'm 3 days down and im dizzy every hour of the day with headaches and it's freaking me the hell out wondering if it's a tumor or something im not even sure i slept last night, im sure most of the night i was awake tossing and turning but im assuming that's the insomnia kicking in.

I'm sure all im experiencing is withdrawal of nicotine but deep in the depths of my head im always convincing myself it's something more deadly, especially since I've had a head ache for 3 days straight! AHHHHH it's driving me nuts! It's just a uncomfortable pain in the very center front of my forhead

GoWhiteSox
19-08-15, 21:29
im sure quitting smoking is really hard and comes with all sorts of side effects..i would say whatever is wrong with you for at least the next month chalk it up to nicotine withdrawal..its like a free HA pass :-)....good luck quitting smoking is a great thing!

sial72
19-08-15, 21:36
It will be your body eliminating the poison from the cigs and the anxiety.
If you are concerned about your health giving up smoking is one of the best things you can do.
I gave up 7 years ago. Once you have got past the withdrawal symptoms you will actually have less anxiety because smoking is a stimulant x

sl1nky
19-08-15, 21:44
im sure quitting smoking is really hard and comes with all sorts of side effects..i would say whatever is wrong with you for at least the next month chalk it up to nicotine withdrawal..its like a free HA pass :-)....good luck quitting smoking is a great thing!

Thanks for the reply, It's just im traveling for 4 hours on various trains tomorrow and I'm terrified im going to get extremely dizzy while out, i also have parties coming up, so a lot of social interaction lol

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

It will be your body eliminating the poison from the cigs and the anxiety.
If you are concerned about your health giving up smoking is one of the best things you can do.
I gave up 7 years ago. Once you have got past the withdrawal symptoms you will actually have less anxiety because smoking is a stimulant x

Thanks, I can't wait to hopefully start feeling better, im very willed to quit and beleive i can do it but the symptoms cause me so much worry lol

jackdobs
19-08-15, 23:49
It's good to meet someone else who is (/was) a smoker but also a HA sufferer. It's a total paradox but I think there's quite a lot like that. You could try moving onto E-cigs..not perfect but has been working for me. The withdrawal from nicotine sounds like what you're going through.

Corelli41
19-08-15, 23:51
This must be the 7th time I've quit smoking and this time being the most difficult now that i have GAD and HA (makes me really wish I quit the first time) I'm 3 days down and im dizzy every hour of the day with headaches and it's freaking me the hell out wondering if it's a tumor or something im not even sure i slept last night, im sure most of the night i was awake tossing and turning but im assuming that's the insomnia kicking in.

I'm sure all im experiencing is withdrawal of nicotine but deep in the depths of my head im always convincing myself it's something more deadly, especially since I've had a head ache for 3 days straight! AHHHHH it's driving me nuts! It's just a uncomfortable pain in the very center front of my forhead

Off them nearly three weeks. Same time I started Citalopram. Using e cigs and working a treat.