PDA

View Full Version : breathing or panic

Pet59
19-08-15, 21:12
I posted last night about my breathing and "forgetting" to breathe. It is happening again this evening and im so scared. Feels like I have a huge pressure on my chest. No pain. Is this panic or is there something wrong? Im scared

Scaredy.cat
19-08-15, 21:21
Hi Pet59,
This is most likely a form of hyperventilation. I know most people think you have to be breathing extremely fast to hyperventilate, but actually the minute you start thinking about your breathing (like you did last night) you start breathing more than you have to so as it begins to regulate it feels like in comparison to how much you were breathing before, too little. But don't worry its not. I've experienced this a lot, best thing to do, try not breathing and then your body's natural rythm will take over :)

Pet59
19-08-15, 22:41
Thank you for your reply. I go through stages where it is fine and then stages where I panic. I just want it to go away. I have a fit it and keep checking heart rate. I'm tired but am afraid to go to bed.

Scaredy.cat
20-08-15, 01:38
No problem. I know how scary it can be, I've been where you are now and I promise you'll get the hang of living with anxiety, you'll learn to not care as much and it'll become more like a background annoyance. I still have many many issues but you learn to cope. Hang in there :) I hope you wind up having a great nights sleep xx