PDA

View Full Version : Palpitation out of the blue, why?

star68
20-08-15, 00:58
I was having diner with very nice friends of ours I was talking a lots, laughing, having a great time, eating good food(no alcohol) and bang!!! a palpitation spoiled my night. It was a strong one and I could feel it in my head. Afterwards I felt panicky and fearful, I didn't want to tell anyone and kept quite for a little while, feeling pretty low because of the palpitation. I was trying to decide weather to call an ambulance or rush to the nearest A&E before it was too late.
I don't have social anxiety because I am a very social person although I suffer from GAD I do feel that when I am with people I like to make an extra effort to make them feel good around me, therefore I feel more excited than normal. Could that have something to do with it? TIA

PS I had heart tests in the past last one ECG a heart ultrasound, blood tests about 4 months ago

Nervousnellie001
20-08-15, 08:47
There are lots of things that can cause palpitations. Did you have any caffine? Really sugary food can cause them for me and also anxiety. If all of your tests were normal 4 months ago I wouldn't worry. Did you inform your GP? X

AlexandriaUK
20-08-15, 09:33
Eating can can cause them and often does, also the type of food and quantity can make them more noticeable.
I hate them when you get them when driving LOL

nomorepanic
20-08-15, 11:51
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

star68
20-08-15, 14:46
I would like to know if people experience them and if they do, is it wise to call an ambulance, after I had one I was hesitating weather to call an ambulance or not, in my mind I kept thinking maybe this is a dangerous one and if I don't go hospital I might die. I don't like to feel insecure with the palpitations that generates me more anxiety.

white1989
20-08-15, 14:57
hi star,

I've been experiencing this for years, strange heart sensations, palpitations, massive thuds, they alarm me every time and I always think that each one will be the last one and i'll drop dead! its really frightening but if you've had all the heart checks then it is unlikely to be anything sinister, some people just have irregular beats and it's totally harmless! try to relax and continue what you were doing when you experience them, and try to keep busy, keep chatting, continue talking about the same thing so to try and block out the thought. a lot easier said than done I know, I get so frightened when it happens but if you have had all the relevant heart tests done, then I shouldn't worry too much.
best wishes

jerseyguy
22-08-15, 04:04
Hi Star,

I get 20-30 PVC'S or PAC'S a day (strong palpitations) and calling a ambulance would just be a waste of your time. You said all your tests show you have a healthy heart so even if you were in the hospital when you had the palpitation they wouldn't do anything for them. I just had a palpitation while I was writing this. My cardiologist said he has patients that have thousands of palpitations a day. I know it's a horrible feeling, but try to relax and remember what my doctor tells me.. palpitations in a healthy heart and not dangerous just a temporary inconvenience. Now if I could just live by my own words I would be fine..Have a great day and feel better..