PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, just a couple hours away from facing hair dye phobia..need some reassurance

Scaredy.cat
20-08-15, 14:26
So as wrote yesterday I'm terrified of dying my hair because I have an extreme fear of going into anaphylaxis :weep:
Today my brother is coming to help me do it, I didn't have time to do a patch test. Last night I got myself into a zone where I was like okay there's no way something can go wrong, I won't let it touch my scalp so I can't react. But then my friend sent me this thread where people were talking about the fact that they had a tattoo (regular not henna) made them have anaphylaxis after dying their hair :scared15: Now naturally this sent me right back in to the I'm surely gonna die mode :weep: I have two small black permanent tattoos so I guess that means a reaction is more likely for me??
Should I go ahead and force myself to get over this phobia? Or will I end up in the hospital? :weep:

snowflake293
20-08-15, 14:27
You can do it :yesyes: you will be fine, just think - if there were any problems you would know about it from doing a patch test :)

Let us know how you get on!

EDIT - sorry - I misread that and thought you HAD done a patch test. Don't worry anyway! You will be fine - I totally understand the fear though. I don't dye my hair anymore cause I am worried about chemicals. I know I should just bite the bullet and face the fear.

If it makes you feel better, ease yourself into it and do a patch test first. You should be absolutely fine just to go for it though x

Scaredy.cat
20-08-15, 14:40
Hi Snowflake,

Thank you for the kind words :)
I wish I could do a patch test but this is the only time my brother can help me, you think I should go ahead anyway?
I'm really just scared I'll think I'm having a panic attack but I'll really just be reacting and misunderstand the signs :weep:
It really pains me because I used to look so forward to dying my hair every month before anxiety

meche
20-08-15, 16:36
I never do a patch test when I colour my hair and I've never had any kind of reaction! The only problem I have is that I get more of it on me than my actual hair... :doh:!
You won't end up in hospital hun but my advice would be don't force yourself if it's really going to freak you out - why not get it coloured professionally at a salon. It would be done under control. Otherwise, bite the bullet, be brave and do it :yesyes:. Let us know how you get on. Big hugs. xx