PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/depression

Reggie
20-08-15, 17:05
I'm in a deep depression, feel hideously anxious and have done for a few weeks. I lost my daughter to cancer which kicked off my panic/depression/anxiety 15 years ago, since then I have had a son so severely disabled, he has to go away to school Monday/Friday as he needs round the clock 2/1 care, I also have another son is who is due to start university in about a month in London and I'm due to have a hysterectomy the week before he leaves, in about 3 weeks. I just feel like I've had enough, enough of worrying, I'm sick of myself, my husband is amazing and I can tell him exactly how I feel and he pulls up all the great things about life. I'm going on holiday on saturday and I'm dreading it, I'm dreading being around people, my family!, and having to try to be normal when I feel like I'm suffocating. I'm sick of worrying, I just feel like I've had enough now. I've seen a psychiatric doctor since my daughers death, I should get in touch really, I'm on all sorts of anti depressants, loads of them, but I know the next step will be lithium and I'm hesitatnt about this. I just want the worry to stop, I worry so much about what will happen to my disabled son when we're not around, it's just overwhelming me at the moment.

Greenman50
20-08-15, 18:21
Hi Reggie :hugs:

I feel for you , when we are in the grip of anxiety and depression its awefull .

What helps with me is forcing myself to do things to keep busy , its so bloody hard to do .

I hope things improve for you soon people do recover but its a long haul no one understands unless they are going through it .

Reggie
20-08-15, 22:33
Thanks for replying Mel. I appreciate it.