PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm going mad. Bladder/Pancreas worries

Pigeon
20-08-15, 17:16
I don't know why I'm writing this. I just feel like things are spiralling out of control and need to talk. My HA is there all the time these days and I just seem to skip from one health obsession to another, with no break in between. Anyone who looks at my previous threads will see that in the last 10 months, I've been worried about cancer of the colon, skin, bladder, liver, to name but a few.

My current obsession is bladder problems which today I have started to link with my pancreas (I have thought I had pancreatic cancer in the past). A couple of weeks ago, I had a UTI and was given antibiotics which cleared it, but I started to get mild symptoms again the day after I finished the course a week ago. Then I read something on here about mucus in urine (which I noticed in my sample) being a sign of a rare form of bladder cancer, so I worried about that.

Today I have being urinating a lot and noticed a (very) light oily film on the water when I went for a wee. It happened twice. Because I have read in the past that this can be a sign of problems with the pancreas I have now decided that I have pancreatic cancer or diabetes that is causing me to have UTIs.

I am also worried because I have started having hot flushes again (I am post-menopuasal) and somehow I see this as sinister.

I'm going to book an appointment with my GP tomorrow although I don't really want to go.

My trigger for HA is symptoms that linger and the UTI is lingering despite treatment. I have had CBT and counselling for my HA in the past and this helped at that time but despite me using the techniques I was taught, I don't seem to be able to control things lately.

I admit I am a person who worries about things and gets stressed quite easily. There have been difficult things happening in my life whilst all the HA stuff has been going on - ie bereavement, job pressures/worries, daughter's marriage break up, a family member being imprisoned for serious offences and so on. I try to console myself that anyone would be stressed with these things and that I am a strong person really but I just get so sick of myself focusing on my health all the time - adding further pressures to those I already have.

I know reassurance seeking isn't supposed a good thing for people with HA but i just feel that I need some at the moment. Does anyone fancy trying to talk some sense into me?

PS Sorry if this is a bit incoherant. You can see that I am very mixed up.

Pigeon
21-08-15, 00:20
Sorry to be a nuisance but I'm so scared. I have just been to bed and couldn't sleep as I was having bladder symptoms again. It feels like constant pressure - as though I need to wee all the time. I got up to go to the loo but hardly anything came out. When I looked in the loo, all I could see was white mucous floating on the top.
I don't like being so graphic but I'm really scared. Has anyone else had this when they have a uti? Until recently, I'd never heard of it but then I read something about a rare cancer that causes mucous in urine. I'm pretty sure this must be a sign of something sinister.
Would be really grateful if someone could talk to me. I feel sick with worry. I'm tired, scared and trying my best not to Google. Please help.