PDA

View Full Version : How do you cope?

TheMusicGuy6
21-08-15, 00:19
Suffering over 2 years, majority of my panic attacks happen outside of my comfort zone, when I'm in a large building, when I'm on 2nd floor of a shop, when I'm far from home. My fight/flight response gets overwhelmed and I just need a way out when I feel uncomfortable.

What's your way of dealing with it? How do you overcome your fear??

GingerFish
22-08-15, 14:34
I do what Dr Claire Weekes teaches, to accept - float - let time pass. I stand there with my eyes shut for a few seconds and tell myself that I have been in this situation a million times and that it can only go on if I add fuel to the fire and that is me accepting that its me that has the power to end it and then by floating I continue doing what I was doing but not forcing myself through, I just go gently and float through whatever feelings or thoughts I get and then for letting time pass, I try and not rush out of the situation that scares me. I try and stay in it for as long as possible.

Exposure of places and situations that scare you is the only way out of it and its hard but its the only thing I find that helps me in the long run.