PDA

View Full Version : Tips on calming self checking?!

ThePerfctSky
21-08-15, 01:05
Does anyone have any tips on how to control the huge urge to self check lumps and bump im making my body sore poking and prodding at things that are normal but i always end up going too far and finding "something" that strikes the severe HA. Does anyone have anything simple they do to help fight those awful urges to keep self checking? I just NEED to STOP and be happy i try so hard i resist so much but that just makes it stronger.

Im driving myself insane and about to cry its so frustrating and im so angry at myself for hurting my body this way. Tips would be helpful.
Thanks for reading.

Scaredy.cat
21-08-15, 01:13
Hi there :)
Everytime I get the urge to start checking I try to go make myself a cup of tea instead or if I'm out I take slow deep breaths and try to focus on the fact that our bodies have million of systems going at once and it knows what its doing. I know its hard to trust in your body and sometimes I slip up as well but we gotta try.
Hang in there xo

ThePerfctSky
21-08-15, 01:17
Thank you very much for replying. I will try the tea thing thank you. Its so draining and so time consuming isn't it?! Xx

swgrl09
21-08-15, 02:17
When I was at my absolute worst, I had to break it down hour by hour. I'd check in the morning and then say I can't check for the next hour, it won't change in an hour. Once I got through one hour, I'd be like .. Ok, (without checking) made it this far, will give it another hour because it won't change. Eventually I could stretch it to checking in the morning and afternoon and then before bed. After I got that down, I'd stretch it to just morning and night, then just mornings, then I'd just forget and stopped.

Scaredy.cat
21-08-15, 04:20
Yes it really is. It's a terrible feeling just wanting to enjoy life but all you can do is think something is horribly wrong all the time.
But I think in the end our experiences will make us much stronger (once we get our fears under somewhat control that is lol)

ThePerfctSky
21-08-15, 07:07
swgrl09 thats a really good technique ive managed to stop once before by doing something similar and once i stopped checking i forgot all about what i was worried over after a few weeks went by i remembered it and "poked" the place again the thing i felt wasnt even there anymore. Sometimes I think these lumps and bumps are all in the mind because our HA wants us to find something because its just pure evil.
Thank you for the advice :)