PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help/advice on PIP Claim please

SoozieQ
21-08-15, 01:15
I have had my face to face Assessment at home by Capita in July 2015 for my PIP claim and have just received a letter from the DWP saying” that they have now got information and reports they need about PIP...and ... They are sorry it's taken longer than expected to give a decision on my claim but will be in contact as soon as they have made a decision..”

Firstly, I now have a letter from my Consultant which I asked for way back in May before I sent the PIP Form back, So do I send this back to the address on the letter I have received to the DWP?

Secondly , I wish to get a copy of Assessment Report (where from) because I am very worried that the person who interviewed me at home did not read out any of my answers she had put on her laptop as apparently now I realise she should have, she never asked me or my husband if we had any questions and she did not take any copies with her of some further information which may have been useful, she just suddenly got up and said "you did well" and left,

I wish to know how I get a copy of what she recorded as our responses to her questions, please is this possible? Is this a SAR? If it is can anyone give me a link to a template please so can apply for one. thank you.

So in brief: How do I get a SAR request template?
Can I get a copy of the Assessment Report and how please?
Cans I/ Should I send the Consultant's letter to the DWP NOW or wait to see if I have to ask for Reconsideration once I receive their decision. Really don't know what to do.

Sorry this may be somewhat all confusing, but I am certainly confused anyway, this is causing me so much stress, but that's why I have joined this site in the sincere hope that I will get some straight forward responses which make me feel less confused and enable me to fight this fight with Ian Duncan Smith and his cronies, just can't hardly believe what they make sick and disabled people go through.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request which is my FIRST POSTING ON THIS SITE

Many thanks,

SoozieQ

MidnightCalm
21-08-15, 09:22
I am also wondering much of the same. Had mine the other day and she just asked me questions, was snotty and gave me no feedback or what she wrote and then left. I also had zero evidence to give her as I am housebound and would not be able to collect it from my dr and she said basically this meant that I had no proof I had anything I was claiming for (which is strange because I'm already on ESA for the condition and they saw all my dr stuff for that)
So I'm highly doubtful I will get it as I told her they can contact my dr and request all of the stuff they need if they so like but she said that would be down to the decision maker. Which I doubt. So yea