PDA

View Full Version : Head and eye pain- panicking

nb79
22-08-15, 01:03
Since yesterday morn I have had a one sided headache...it's gradually got worse and has spread behind my eye and onto my face...if I bend down when I stand up it gets a lot worse!! Thing is I was straining on the toilet the other night and it came on the day after! No pain killers have touched it

I'm in bed and it's still throbbing and my eye is tender and sore....I'm worried I've got a bleed or its high pressure behind my eye.
Googled it....I know I shouldn't have!!!!!
Can't relax....think I might have a stroke or go blind!!!!

😢😢

natalie yog
22-08-15, 07:14
I've had the exact same thing for a week now and I googled as well (why do we do these things). It's amazing what anxiety can do to our bodies. I believe the more we think about the pain and symptoms the more we get them. Try and distract yourself (I know easier said than done).

nb79
22-08-15, 10:44
Thanks

I've still got it this morn...eventually fell asleep at 5am after worrying all night.

I could cry
😢

inha
22-08-15, 13:35
Hi,
I've been like you for two weeks, though it's starting to get better. For a whole week and more, I had a one sided headache, eye, ear, jaw and neck pain. I still have weird neck sensations.
You know what? I wouldn't believe that it came after I read about a certain emergency condition that gave all those symptoms. Well, turns out I read the medical article wrong, and I located the pain at the wrong place !
When I realised my mistake, I started getting pains at the right spot. I feel like this would be a perfect exemple of how anxiety can create pain.

What I think might have happened to you is what happened to me : you got a perfectly normal headache, annoying but normal... and you started worrying right away. This makes it very hard for the pain to go away.

I hope this helped a little, and if you find this headache is very painful, go the GP and ask for help. You can talk about your anxiety and pains, and find solutions together.