PDA

View Full Version : New headaches brain tumour scared

kirstynic
22-08-15, 08:48
Hi

I haven't been on here for a while as I have been managing my HA with things learned from a therapist seen a few years ago. However I find myself back here as I am scared and don't know where else to turn.

Nearly 2 weeks ok I had a few occasions where I experienced a sudden stabbing pain in my head, it hurt a lot and upon standing I felt dizzy. A week ago I had head pain that got worse when I bent over, now since then it has changed to a daily headache that has been there every day this week, it hurts more and I get worse pains in different areas of my head but the nagging ache is always there.

I was trying to be good at earlier in the week put it down to being due on my period, my period started Thursday and the headaches are still there. I have booked a doctors appointment but can't get in till the end of next week. From previous googling I know I match many symptoms for a brain tumour- new headaches(I don't get headaches normally) and other symptoms such as when the pain got worse last week when bending, and the fact they happen most days.
I find myself scared and with that cold sweat you get when you fear something's wrong. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation and lay with my daughter fearing I will leave her. Not helped today by the very sad story of a local man who after having constant headaches was fx with a brain tumour and died so sadly within a year. I read this this morning and this has fuelled my worry.

natalie yog
22-08-15, 09:12
It seems quite a lot of people (including me) have these symptoms lately though mine include a pain in my eye so my fears are aneurysm or stroke for the past 9 days. All I can say is that you're definitely not alone in this.

squeak
22-08-15, 12:19
Same here, been recovered for over a year and now back with horrid headaches, rational bit says virus as friend has felt similar, but other part of brain says aneurysm tumour etc. limiting myself to reading on here and not google.

kirstynic
22-08-15, 15:56
It is such a worry, sometimes it's a constant ache and then other times a shooting pain. It seems to spread from left to right and front to back no particular one spot which makes me worry more.

Blonde123
23-08-15, 18:31
Mines always on the left, comes and goes. Not really painful but short stabs which fuel my anxiety. I know how your feeling

PeterSAFC
23-08-15, 21:32
It seems quite a lot of people (including me) have these symptoms lately though mine include a pain in my eye so my fears are aneurysm or stroke for the past 9 days. All I can say is that you're definitely not alone in this.

Same here. Wrote a thread a few days ago about this.

kirstynic
24-08-15, 14:34
Well saw Dr today as my head was really hurting and was feeling dizzy and sick. Dr did blood pressure and looked in my eyes he didn't see anything but said I had a slight temperature. Despite me having a few red flag signs he has sent me away with nose spray as said it may be a sinus thing despite me reading that sinus headaches are not common and I don't really have any nasel symptoms.

He did say if I feel no better then to go back in a week as he may ask for a scan- the reasoning of waiting a week seemed to be so that he could tell the neuro team that he had tried something and not just sending for a scan straight away despite symptoms!

Not feeling any better or less anxious :'(

kirstynic
28-08-15, 16:51
Hi how are you all getting on?

I went to th me Drs Thursday and they said they would refer me for an MRI, got a phone call to say they can't refer me for an MRI I had to have an appointment with neurology first. The appointment could take a while to come through. I also had an optician appointment today no problem with my eyes so even more worried now.

The pain seems to go from around my eyes, top of the head, back of the head even my jaw area no particular place just a cycle of the same place. The pain goes from achy, stabbing constant sudden it is so not nice. Seems to be better when I sit and do nothing. I also get dizzy and have occasional nausea.

Blonde123
03-09-15, 17:43
6 days in and no better. what about you guys?

GoWhiteSox
03-09-15, 18:46
2+ months and no noticeable improvement for me (i guess the positive flip side is things havent gotten worse either)..going for allergy testing today since i feel like this is definitely mucus as the root cause of this..if i were to guess i would say mold allergy since ive been looking at the allergen counts in the newspaper daily and mold has been high every day for months

neurologist next week..something has got to work..eventually..in the meantime xanax twice a day to keep this from driving me completely bonkers

kirstynic
03-09-15, 20:22
No great improvement here. Seem to have periods in the day where pain free then I will get a horrible pain that seems to stay there. Normally on right side but can be left and at the the back. No neuro appointment through yet.

GoWhiteSox
04-09-15, 01:10
well just had 48 needles stuck in me to test for allergies and it was negative..so i cant say my constant 2 1/2 month long headache is due to allergies..im beyond frustrated and feel very down right now ..could go on and on venting negative thoughts but guess ill just leave it at that