PDA

View Full Version : In need of some help

jayware33
22-08-15, 19:10
Hi everyone

It's been a while since I posted on here. Ill try and keep this straight to the point.

So, around 4 years ago, I got heartburn which I was put on PPI's for, I'm still taking them every day as they are needed otherwise I get flame thrower heart burn and its awful, regardless of diet. I have had two endoscopies, first one was clear around 3 years ago and the 2nd one shown some very mild gastritis of the stomach, that was around months ago.

I wake every day thinking about my heartburn and trying to figure out when is the gastritis going to turn into an ulcer and then, when is that ulcer going to kill me. All I think about now is death, and this ulcer that im waiting on. It's went from nothing to gastritis while on PPIs so, its seems to make sese to imagine it will progress again, at least in my mind it does.

I just keep thinking my heartburn is getting worse and that I tune into everything and then read that PPI's are linked to heart attacks and that just makes me panic even more as I cant seem to come off them. octors say ive to just keep taking them.

I cant seem to get rid of this thought ... waiting on something bad to happen and ive just moved into a new home with my fiance and want to enjoy it but all i can think about is death and how im going to leave her behind .. im only 27 and its getting me so depressed.

Any words of advice?

I just want to enjoy life.

Thanks.

jayware33
24-08-15, 17:34
99 views and not a single person put in a reply.

Self reassurance it is. Probably the best approach.

Penny19
24-08-15, 18:01
Hi,
How are you, just read your post.... I take it you have been to Drs as taking Ppi...has the medication helped? Do you keep food diaries, just to see if certain types of foods trigger it? Do you get other symptoms? From personal experience I find that worrying can trigger more and more symptoms and sometimes reading up on meds can create even more symptoms... Try and do things you enjoy and keeping busy to take your mind off things. Sorry not much help on this x

jayware33
24-08-15, 18:11
Hi,
How are you, just read your post.... I take it you have been to Drs as taking Ppi...has the medication helped? Do you keep food diaries, just to see if certain types of foods trigger it? Do you get other symptoms? From personal experience I find that worrying can trigger more and more symptoms and sometimes reading up on meds can create even more symptoms... Try and do things you enjoy and keeping busy to take your mind off things. Sorry not much help on this x

Thanks for the reply Penny.

In the process of a food diary just now. The medication really does help but I have this fear that it's getting worse and going to develop an ulcer. Feels like it is worse but maybe because I'm more focused on it.

Penny19
24-08-15, 18:22
Keep positive and try not to over think things. Your meds are to protect your tummy from ulcers. Again, don't read too much about your meds, remember the drug companies have to list possible side effects to cover themselves. Good luck:)