PDA

View Full Version : Convinced my 'cold' is something worse :(

So
23-08-15, 03:44
So I have had symptoms of a cold for about 3 days now.. Sore throat, blocked nose and headache. I've also been feeling super run down and tired in the day..

I never thought anything of it but I've just woke up at 4.30 and my brain has just convinced me what if these symptoms are a sign of something really seruous, because I am currently living in a hot climate... So why would I catch a cold :(

I am so worried I am going to develop something really bad, it's making me cry :( and I don't know what to do. Can this be a normal thing? I'm just laying here feeling sick and shaky now.

KayeS
23-08-15, 03:57
Catching a cold has nothing to do with actually being cold. The reason you get more colds during winter is because people tend to spend more time indoors in groups. You can catch a cold at any time of the year. Take some paracetamol and try and get to sleep :)

So
23-08-15, 04:01
Okay, THANKYOU I will do! i guess my brain is just convincing itself I have some kind of serious disease/illness and this is one of the symptoms...

KayeS
23-08-15, 12:09
Don't worry, I've done it before too. But you'll start to feel better soon and realise that in fact, just like always, it was just a cold :)