PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety hangover panic

mufc1982
23-08-15, 11:03
I cant understand why i keep doing this to myself!!!im currently going through a massive anxiety hangover and panic i only drink at weekends but its putting me through hell.i say im only going out for a few to watch the match but it never happens and i drink myself to blackout.i suffer from bad anxiety and i dont leave the house much alcohol makes me a completely different person im loud and obnoxious.i feel like im the worse person in the world and i dont know how long my girlfriend will put up with it.panicking and worrying about everything going over and over things its driving me mad.i dont usually sniff coke but someone offered me a line and i was that drunk i went for one in the toilets and got caught!they threw me out and barred me from the pub its only a matter of time until something really bad happens!i suffered a serious brain injury a few years back fighting whilst drunk i dont know what it will take for me to stop!!!i wont get out of bed for the next few days ill just lie here feeling like rubbish

Corelli41
23-08-15, 13:02
It's called the rebound effect. You are drinking to lessen your anxiety and it works to the extent that while you are drinking you don't feel anxious. The problem is that alcohol is a depressant and when you stop drinking you are both depressed and sick from a hangover. Ie the drinking has rebounded on you and you actually feel worse than you did before drinking.
So, you probably need to talk to someone about your anxiety and why you are binge drinking! It's all totally curable and you don't need to feel so bad about yourself. The first step is to ask for help. It won't solve itself.

sial72
23-08-15, 14:05
Matylane, that is exactky what I was like when I was young. My hangovers were so bad that I ended up in hospital more than once. Then I becames dependant on benzos to be able to tolerate the extreme anxiety during hangovers. This went on for years. Years of me saying never again, until finally one day, after many disastrous things something happened that terrified me so much, that I said never again, that was 15 years ago. I haven't had a drink in 15 years! One of the best things I have ever done!
Just ask if I can help in any way xx

Fishmanpa
23-08-15, 16:38
Based on what you're saying, it appears it's only a matter of time until your alcohol habits cause an incident that will cause issues beyond just he physical and mental ramifications of your drinking. It's a matter of "when" this will happen as opposed to "if" IMO. I urge you to seek counseling so you can break the habit to avoid this from happening.

Positive thoughts