PDA

View Full Version : Fast heart rate on diazepam

Emmapony
23-08-15, 16:58
Hi I took about 6mg of diazepam in spread out doses over a long haul flight. It did the trick and I felt a lot calmer, I still had racing thoughts but I wasn't panicking.
The one thing I did notice was my heart was beating faster than normal like 100bpm. I don't know if this was from the drug or because I still was internally panicky. I just thought diazpeam was meant to do the opposite.
I've got another long haul flight. Home and I really want to take it again to help me get home happily. But I'm worried it's having a bad effect on my heart. Do you think it's the drug causing this? Or my mind?

Thanks for a your help :)

sial72
23-08-15, 17:40
I'm not a doc...but I would say that in the same way that even though you were calmer you thoughts were still racing and your heart was too.
Was it fast all through the flight? Or on and off?

Emmapony
23-08-15, 18:13
That's what I was thinking. It was fast the whole way through the flight. Occasionally dropped a tiny but but stayed around the 100 mark the whole time.

sial72
23-08-15, 19:19
This used to happen to me, I was so afraid of flying that Diazepam would slightly relax me but I would still sweat like a piglet lol.
Do be sure to just use it very occasionally though, I had problems with Diazepam dependency xxx

karenp
24-08-15, 11:53
Emma I took 4mg of Lorazepam on my flight back from Los Angeles to London last August and that is like 40mg of Diaz. I was totally fine. My heart rate was probs huge too as I am terrified of flying. 6mg of Diazepam would not have even touched me, helping me calm down (:

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

PS. I was prescribed 2mg of the Lorazepam and am now totally off it.