PDA

View Full Version : just an idea!!

carldourish
07-02-07, 16:16
I have just finished a seminar today and have come to notice and try a few different techniques with great success, that I would like to share with you.

What I have noticed is that it is not what people notice that makes them comfortable in front of groups of people or in social situations. It is what they ignore. They do not think about all the times that said the wrong thing. To them that was just something they had to learn. It was not some super powerful state they went into. It was not that they were super careful about what they said or did. It was thay they were able to relax when they were deciding what to say. It was how the looked at the world when they were in social situations.

When I get in front of a room full of strangers at the beginning of every seminar, I could easily have a panic attack. I know how to do it. All I have to do is imagine that they all are just waiting for me to make a mistake so that can make fun of me. I could imagine all the things I could do or say that would be embarrassing and then build it into the future and act as if it already happened. I could think of every time I looked stupid when I was growing up and all the times that I got made fun of for it....Instead I CHOOSE to ingore it and think something different instead.

So what would you rather feel instead of anxiety? If you can imagine that and imagine that it is floating in the air in front ot you. What would it be like if you looked at the world through those feelings. Now change it back and look at the world through the other state you were using that we had moved aside. Now move that aside and bring the feeling that you would rather feel in front of you and look at the world through that. Which feels better? Now if you leave the good feeling there and lock it in. What happens when the other feeling trys to move back?

Now focus on the good feeling and how the world looks through that. Is that something you would want to feel? Think about what you would like to add to it. The mind does not just exist inside your head. You can move and build things outside your mind and it is easier and more precise than just moving pictures around. Now add what you want and now look at the world through that filter. Continue adding things until you get to the point hat it feels just right. Let them combine in a way that really feels good. Now expand that feeling until it is life size and step fully into that feeling only as quickly as you can leave the way you used to be, behind. Now look at the world from here. Now anchor it in.

This is quick and easy. Many people take less than 5 minutes. For those who noticed. What was your experience like and what are the results? Just play with this idea for a while. After you do it one or two times, let me know how it works. I realize that it might take a little more effort on your part since you have to take an active role in changing. I am not sure of your skill level so have fun.

Carl

fightingonstill
04-03-07, 21:10
Wow! I think that is great idea, i find it really difficult to challenge my thoughts but i like the world through the filter idea
Thanks

kazzie
04-03-07, 21:25
Nice one Carl!!!

I will give this a bash!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

carldourish
04-03-07, 21:52
Your welcome people.

Carl