PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound Tomorrow

TheMadOladCoger
23-08-15, 21:25
Hello,

So tomorrow is my Ultrasound on my Neck, I have a lump above my adams apple and one under my jaw about half way between my chin and my jaw hinge. You can't see them and they have been there for at least 2 months without any change that I have noticed.

I am very worried about this Ultrasound, I have decided to take my mom as I don't think I can deal with anything like this my mind shuts off when I speck to Doctors if they mention anything bad and it just focuses on that instead of the important information they are giving me.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am having it done at 3:20pm I have been to the Hospital for a Ultrasound last week due to a hernia which my Doctor correctly diagnosed. This has given me a little faith in both my Doctor and Dentist as they have both felt the lumps and said they can't feel anything to worry about. I think the Ultrasound is more of a way of stopping me from panicking, but the wait is kind of making me panic more and more.

I am really hoping that tomorrow I can finally stop worrying about the lumps and move on with my life as it is really starting to effect me in the long run. My Ultrasound is with and ENT so I have a lot of faith in his/her knowledge as this is there field.

Peace

TheMadOladCoger
24-08-15, 17:57
Hello,

So I have just had my Ultrasound with the ENT. He was nice enough and listen to what I said and then checked me over, he found the lumps that the Doctor had sent me there for and said they looked like normal lymph node. One of mine is just a little large but still feels healthy and the fact it gets bigger and smaller still is a good thing.

I am really happy at the moment, I need to just see the doctor this week about my Hernia and then hopefully all the stress and anxiety will get better. I am currently doing Yoga to help with my stress and IBS which I am also hoping will start to go away as I am hoping to be less stressed in the coming weeks.

Peace

GoWhiteSox
24-08-15, 18:06
Glad to hear everything was OK!
keep working on managing your anxiety!

robin321
24-08-15, 21:01
Thanks for the update. And congrats on the results! It was great that you got them right away.

I had a similar ultrasound, 3 1/2 yrs ago. Same kind of result - and no issues since! Sounds common.

I am glad that you updated. Too many people post about upcoming tests, and never follow up. Then when someone has a similar issue, and they look back to see if someone went through something like that - they never get to the 'end of the story'. I find that they are probably relieved, so don't come back. But I get stressed, thinking it was bad news and so they didn't come back. :huh: