PDA

View Full Version : feeling really depressed and out of touch with reality

mark78
23-08-15, 22:39
feeling really depressed and out of touch with reality im finding it so hard to cope at the moment. i cant even enjoy the company of my family or friends i just want to be on my own i know this isin't the best way to be but i cant help it. i cant seem to be able to stop all the negative intrusive thoughts i just feel so hopeless like thers just no way out of this torment for me i cant help tinking that i'll never lead a normal life again :weep::weep::weep:

Oosh
23-08-15, 23:05
I think lots of people want to be on their own when mood is low Mark. I know I do.

When your mood is low it's hard to believe there will be a time when you won't feel low. Only when you feel different and see things differently can you believe it. Of course you are going to feel better. Don't listen to the negative thoughts just because they are there. Their presence means nothing. Let them babble on like interference.

Try and work out what the big problems in your life are that are preventing your mood from being better. Write about each one in a diary or something and try and conclude with a solution and some small positive steps you can take tomorrow to reach the solutions. Hope and optimism are antidepressants.